Updated with Spring Flex Week hours as of 2/20/2020, including Great Teachers - Please contact the Academic Senate Office at 4969 if you would like to update your Faculty Identifying Code, or have any questions regarding your hours.
**NEW** Link to Saddleback SharePoint
**Updated 1/8/2020** Spring 2020 Flex Week Program | Spring 2020 Flex Week Calendar
Division and Department meeting schedules located on the Program
Flex Hour Reporting Forms for Professional Development Week(s)
Flex Hour Reporting Form for Non-Flex Week Activities
Use the links below to report other professional development activity hours which count toward the Flexible Calendar Program, but occur outside of our Flex Week(s). These online forms can also be accessed via a mobile device.
Activity occurring July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020 counts toward fulfilling your 2019-20 Flex Target.
Use this new link - Report Flex Hours 2019-20 - to report the following activities:
- Campus-Wide Events
- Division Meetings
- Department Meeting
- Faculty Center for Student Success Appointments & Other Technical Training
- Video or Online Presentation
Use this link to Report Indy Flex Hours for 2019-20
- This form should be used if you attend, participate in or present an activity such as a speech, demonstration, skills lab, seminar, lecture, conference, course (not to be used for salary advancement), or similar activity. The subject of the activity must relate to staff, student, or instructional improvement.
- The Academic Senate office will send your Indy report to your Flex Rep(s) for review.
The traditional form is temporarily available. Complete the form and send it to your Flex Rep for review.
- Individual Activity Report Form - Traditional
- To submit via email: Open and complete the form. Type your name where it asks for signature.
- It is suggested that you add your last name to the file name when you save the document e.g., IndyFormWalsh.docx.
- Email the form to your Division Rep who will sign and forward it to Dan Walsh with a cc to you and the Academic Senate administrative assistant, Christie Smead. It's not required to be sent by email, but this saves paper and time - Thank you!
Other Ways to Earn Flex Credit:
Visit the Faculty Center webpage and earn Flex credit taking professional development classes online!
View Fall Flex Week 2019 Presentations via SharePoint Link - If you missed it, use this link to access and view a presentation; record your hours using the Fall 2019 Flex Week reporting form.
PRESENTATION VIDEOS AVAILABLE:
- The Presidents Breakfast (Fall 2019) Hosted by Dr. Elliot Stern, Saddleback College President and Dan Walsh, Saddleback College Academic Senate President.
- The presidents provide a comprehensive update and discuss key issues impacting the college over the semester.
- The Geek Report 2019 (Fall 2019) Presented by Jim Gaston, District IT Director and Robert Bramucci, Vice-Chancellor, Technology and Learning Services.
- District IT's plans for systems that impact faculty and students. Reviews what was done over the past year, what is planned, and seeks input on more ways to work together to increase student success. In this video an exploration of the intersection of technology and culture.
- Saddleback Pathways (Fall 2019) Presented by Carrie Goulding, LA, Rita Soultanian, Director, Career and Re-Entry Center, Kris-Leppien-Christensen, SBS, and Lisa Tran, Counselor.
- Learn about Saddleback Pathways goals for 2019-2020 with an overview of the work completed thus far and the organizational structure for the 2019-20 academic year.
- Contract Changes: PT Rehire Rights and Health Benefit (Fall 2019) Presented by Lewis Long, Chief Negotiator and the Faculty Association
- The presentation focus is on part-time faculty health benefit and part-time priority rehire
- Website Accessibility Guidelines for Content Editors LINK
Academic Senate, the Faculty Development Flex Coordinator, and Committee, extend their gratitude to Matt Brodet, CTVR, for preserving and producing these presentations for us.
More presentations to view:
Useful Professional Development Flex Professional Development Program Information:
- SC Professional Development Program Handbook
- Professional Development FAQ
- Division Flex Representatives
Professional Development Week Forms for Faculty and Division Admins.
If you would like to present an activity such as a speech, workshop, demonstration, lecture, meeting, seminar, etc. during fall or spring Professional Development Week please fill out a Presenter form (below). Presenters receive 3 flex credits for each hour of the presentation. No additional credit for preparation time is allowed.
Forms for Presentations to be given during Professional Development Week:
- Professional Development Week Presenters: We use an Office Form for submitting your presentation information (login is required). The deadline for submitting for Spring 2020 Flex Week has passed and the Presenter Form is closed..
- Requests for a list of Professional Development Week Division/Department Meetings have been sent to division deans and admins.