The Fashion Design and Merchandising program prepares students with the necessary skills to obtain positions in design, apparel manufacturing, product development, buying, event planning, fashion styling, visual merchandising, and many other fashion related fields. Many of the courses can be utilized as transfer courses for those pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design and/or Fashion Merchandising. Students may focus on one of the 4 certificate programs:
- Fashion Design Certificate
- Advanced Fashion Design & Apparel Manufacturing
- Fashion Merchandising Program
- Visual Display And Presentation Certificate
Students may also achieve an Associate in Science Degree by completing one of the certificate programs and a minimum of 60 units including the general education requirements with an overall GPA of 2.0. A minimum of 12 units must be completed at Saddleback College.
The Fashion Department also offers six Occupational Skills Awards. All of these awards can be achieved within one semester. (10-17 units)
- Accessory Design
- Basic Costume Construction & Sourcing
- Event Planner
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Technology
- Sustainable Fashion & Social Entrepreneurship
Check out our annual fashion shows!
What Our Students are Saying:
View Fashion Program promotional video
Industry Partners and Advisory Board Member Links:
- Check out the latest that is happening in Fashion on our blog.