What is it?
Nutrition for Competition is a joint effort between the Nutrition and Athletic departments to optimize your performance through the foods you eat and drink. It is an optional program that teams and individual athletes can participate in including:
- Team presentations on topics such as general nutrition, healthy snacking, protein, pre- and post- workout meals, hydration or other topics of interest.
- Individual analysis of body composition using state-of-the-art bioimpedance analyzers.
- Individual analysis of resting metabolic rate (RMR) for an estimate of how many calories you need.
- Individual dietary counseling for weight loss, weight/muscle gain, healthy snack and meal ideas, nutritional deficiencies, and other areas that can help optimize athletic performance.
Who is eligible?
- You need to be a current student at Saddleback and be participating on an athletic team in either spring or fall semesters.
Sign-up sheets and schedule
Team presentations are scheduled through your coach.
Body composition measurements are done Tues & Thurs from 10:30 am - 1:30 pm in the Athletic Training room (PE 108). Sign up sheets are on the door, or you can email Melyssa Chen directly.
Individual counseling sessions are done Monday and Wednesday from 1 - 3 pm in PE 501. Sign up sheets are on the door of the Athletic Training room, or you can email Katy Dyer to set up an appointment.
How to find out more:
Healthy Pre- and Post-Workout Snacks