Welcome to the AVID for Higher Education Faculty web page! We are excited that you are interested in learning about AVID resources and faculty development opportunities on campus. AVID for Higher Education at Saddleback College supports faculty and administrators in their efforts to increase student's learning, persistence, completion, and success in and beyond college.
AVID for Higher Education (AHE) Practicum
For those NEW to AVID for Higher Education
Come join fellow Saddleback faculty from across all content disciplines to increase learning outcomes in your classes. AHE Practicum participants will familiarize themselves with the AVID high engagement framework to address the college wide goals of increased learning, persistence, completion, and success in and beyond college. Benefits of attending include:
- Working with a small cohort of 20 faculty to share, support, and learn from one another
- Learning techniques you can use in your classes immediately
- Practicing activities to enhance writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization, and reading for your students
- Getting to know other faculty from various departments on campus
- Receiving a stipend for attending the three, 3-hour workshops
Fall 2018 AHE Practicum
|Session 1||Friday, September 21||9:00 am - 12:00 pm||LRC 107|
|Session 2||Friday, October 19||9:00 am - 12:00 pm||LRC 107|
|Session 3||Friday, November 16||9:00 am - 12:00 pm||LRC 107|
AVID for Higher Education Peer Academy
For those who have attended PAST AHE Events
Meet up with your peers to continue the AHE professional development learning during the AHE Peer Academy: Lunch and Learn or Snack and Share workshops. For those who have participated in previous AHE or ITL practicums, please join us during these brown-bag events to continue learning practices relating to WICOR. During this series participants will:
- Work with a small cohort of 20 faculty that set the workshop agendas and presentations
- Share techniques that work in their classes during this informal training format
- Collaboratively craft activities that accomplish individual course SLO requirements
- Have the option to receive a personal mentor to offer additional feedback throughout the semester
- Receive stipends for attending the three, 2-hour workshops
Fall 2018 Peer Academy
|Session 1||Friday, September 7||11 am - 1 pm||LRC 107|
|Session 2||Friday, October 5||11 am - 1 pm||LRC 107|
|Session 3||Friday, November 2||11 am - 1 pm||LRC 107|
AVID for Higher Education at Saddleback and the AVID Center have partnered to provide teaching and learning resources for all instructors.
Please visit our Sharepoint Site to access these resources, just use your faculty email and password to login.
AHE Consultation Hour
This drop-in hour is designed to assist any faculty member with incorporating AHE high-impact, high-engagement activities into the classroom. Those interested in learning more about Saddleback's AVID for Higher Education are also welcome to visit.