Dates, Deadlines & Instructions
For Fall 2013 Submit by May 1st
- Submit to CIDDE this Captioning Grant Request form
- Forms will be submitted for approval.
- Once approved, CIDDE will contact you to collect actual videos - either urls or flash drive containing files
By June 3rd Finalize all video submissions (step 3) course material you want captioned
The following is a list of projects that the grant will cover:
- Hybrid classes (some instructional hours offered at a distance)
- On-campus classes utilizing distance methods of content delivery as they evolve (e.g., class capture, web conferencing, vodcasting, podcasting, content posted within a Learning Management System)
- Digital learning object respositories used to collect and make available digitized content; this content could be used by on-campus, hybrid, online, and other delivery methods.
Please note: If you are turning in multiple videos, please separate the approximate minutes of each one. The billing goes by the nearest 5 min increments. So we need them noted separately.
If you need more information about getting videos captioned, feel free to contact CIDDE at: email@example.com
Why should I caption videos?
- Evaluating your websites for accessibility
- On campus tools / equipment available
- Soundproof booths
YouTube caption sync capabilities - Did you know you can upload a txt script with your videos in YouTube and it will caption / and sync with your video on the fly? You do now ;O) Here's more information about the captioning options in YouTube or go to: http://www.youtube.com/t/captions_about.