Saddleback College Clinical Lab Assistant / Phlebotomy Certificate of Completion
The Saddleback College Clinical Lab Assistant / Phlebotomy Certificate of Completion gives pre-professional and current professionals the opportunity to master skills necessary for employment as a Clinical Lab Assistant and/or Phlebotomist.
Spring 2021 Classes Begin January 19, 2021
Click to review the Spring 2021 Class Schedule
- Non-credit, tuition-free certificate program
- 4 course sequence allowing students to complete their certificate quickly
- Hybrid (online and in-person) class formats allows for ease of completion
- Assisted coordination for clinical placement reduces the stress of students finding their own clinical sites
- Program completers will be eligible to take the state certification exam approved by the California Department of Public Health/ Laboratory Field Services branch to obtain a Certified Phlebotomy Technician-1 license required for employment.
- Exceptional full and part-time faculty with a passion for student success
- Read the full program catalog description here
Certificate Outcomes and Classes
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Perform blood specimen collection, transport, and processing as required for diagnostic testing.
- Practice established safety procedures and communicate effectively and professionally with patients, laboratory personnel, and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrate preparation for applicable State of California approved Phlebotomy certification exam.
|MLT 410NC||Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory Profession||16.6|
|MLT 411NC||Basic Laboratory Procedures||16.6|
|MLT 413NC*||Phlebotomy Laboratory Experience||58.1|
|* MLT 412NC & MLT 413NC must be taken at the same time.||Total Hours Required:||157.70|
- Apply to and be admitted into Saddleback College - Apply here
- Have earned at least a High School Diploma (must be 18 years or older) or a GED may apply to this program
- Students enrolled in the MLT 413NC course are required to obtain the following clearances before participation in the Phlebotomy Laboratory Experience:
- health clearances (immunizations, drug screen, and TB testing),
- a background check
- a non-expired BLS card
- malpractice insurance
- Contact the MLT Program Assistant, Lori Hefter, for information regarding the completion of these requirements.