8:00a - 8:45a Graduate Check-in outside Science and Math Building near the Coffee Cart
- Staff will help you with your cap and gown.
- You will be given your name card. Please write phonetically how your name is spoken.
- Please legibly write your mailing address on the reverse side of the card. The photographer will be using this information to send you proofs of your photos.
- Light refreshments will be provided. There will also be opportunities to socialize and take pictures with faculty, staff and other graduates.
***Please do not bring personal items such as bags and purses. There will not be a location to store them. When you rise from your seat to receive your diploma, you will not return to the same seat.
9:00a PROCESSIONAL BEGINS
- The processional will be led by the faculty and staff line, followed by the student line.
- There will be line marshals to assist with the student processional.
- Stay standing until asked to be seated.
*** Students who need accomodations will be seated in the first row. If you need special accommodations, please contact the DSPS Office at 949-582-4915 at least a week prior to the ceremony.
- At the presentation of the class by the Academic Senate President, the first row will rise.
- Following the student marshals' directions, students will file completely out after the preceding row and line up at the ramp on the left side of the staging platform; the rest of the rows will follow the first row as directed.
- Each student will proceed to the microphone and hand the speaker their name card. The student will walk across the platform and will receive their diploma or certificate cover* while shaking the hand of the presenter.
- The student will exit across the stage and turn left down the ramp, take a photograph off stage and then proceed back to his/her seat.
- Each student must be seated immediately upon reaching his/her seat.
- After the ceremony, the platform party will lead the recessional, followed by the faculty and then the students.
- The student marshals will direct the students in the recessional.
- The front row will leave first, followed by the second, etc.
- The members of the audience will remain in their places until the recessional is complete.