Please review the important message below:
We are currently out due to the Cesar Chavez holiday on Tuesday, March 31st. We will get back to you when we return on Wednesday, April 1st.
ALL COUNSELING APPOINTMENTS ARE ON-LINE, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE SADDLEBACK COLLEGE CAMPUS.
Additional 1-hour counseling appointments are available. Schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor through E-SARS or call our office at 949-582-4572.
Dear Saddleback College Students,
We know this is a very stressful time for you. There are many uncertainties, but we in Counseling promise to try our best to serve and support you during this difficult time. Beginning Monday, March 23rd, Counseling Services will only be available by phone, Zoom, and/or other technologies such as Cranium Cafe. Counseling will be offered 8 am to 7 pm, Monday through Thursday, and Fridays, 8 am to noon. Due to demand, you may even see on our schedule, appointments after 7pm and on weekends! We are committed to helping you.
Please see below for how to speak with a counselor:
- For one hour appointments, students are able to schedule their appointment through our E-SARS online system. Counseling appointments will be released 14 days in advance, and you may only book one appointment every 14 days. E-SARS: please schedule your appointment by clicking on this E-SARS weblink.
- To be added to our drop-in Counseling list, which is meant for quick, 10-minute questions, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 949-329-5080. In your message, request to be put on our drop-in callback list and include a brief description/question for the counselor. You must also include your name, student ID number, callback number, and if you need to speak with a specific counselor.
- To e-mail your counseling question, contact us at email@example.com. Include in your email, your first, last, and student ID number. Share your question, and a counselor will get back to you as quickly as possible. Please note that it may be determined that an appointment may be needed.
- To text your counseling question, contact us at 949-329-5080. In your text include your first, last and student ID number. Share your question, and a counselor will get back to you as quickly as possible. We will do our best to return your text within 24 business hours. Please note that it may be determined that an appointment may be needed.
Once your 1-hour appointment is made:
- You will get a reminder about your counseling appointment the day before.
- At the time of your appointment you will see a call come to your cell, the number will be blocked, please know that is your counselor calling you, and you should accept the call.
- If you do not pick up the call at your scheduled time, we will move on to the next student. This means be READY for that call.
- Once the counselor initially talks with you, they will determine the best way to support you through ZOOM, or Cranium Cafe for that one hour counseling appointment.
- Have your lap top or PC ready for the appointment, and your questions written down to ask your counselor.
- If you don’t have a computer, we are still going to help you as much as we can over the phone.
- In your one hour counseling appointment we can do academic, career, and personal counseling. We can approve your educational plan (MAP), help you with a financial aid plan, discuss academic probation, and help you with questions you may have about certificates, two-years degrees, and transfers, most importantly, we can listen.
Together we got this!
Dr. Skaff, Dean of Counseling