After completing one of the 45 minute online training simulations, you will be equipped to:
- Identify, approach and refer students in psychological distress
- Use open-ended questions, reflective listening, and other motivational interviewing tactics
- Recognize warning signs and build trust to motivate the student to seek help
- Examine common indicators of distress including anxiety, depression, and suicidal ideation
- Feel more confident and proficient in handling real life situations
- Properly refer students to the counseling center, health center, & other referral services
To support students in distress
Learn to recognize when a student is exhibiting signs of psychological distress and manage a conversation with the student with the goal of connecting them with the appropriate campus support service.
- New users will need to create an account. Returning users can enter their login credentials.
- After registration is completed, users will need to login with their credentials and answer the demographic questions.
- Select ‘Launch’ to begin your Kognito simulation
Note: To complete your training, please finish all required simulation content and, using the orange next button, complete the post-survey. This is required by your institution. Once completed, you will see a green button on your home screen that says ‘Completed.’
If you need Kognito technical support, please email email@example.com