The Classified Senate shall represent the classified employees of Saddleback College with regard to governance and decision-making, and on matters that are not related to collective bargaining and contract negotiations. (BP-4056)
- To support the professionalism of all classified professionals.
- To encourage individual leadership, contribution, and development among the members of the Classified Senate.
- To provide informed member representatives to serve on the college and district decision-making committees.
- To provide a centralized method of communication among classified professionals, and between classified professionals, and other college and district constituencies.
- To represent the collective interests of classified professionals in all matters before any appropriate policy-making committee. (Classified Senate By-Laws)
Each service area shall select one senator per every ten permanent classified professionals. Senators shall attend and actively participate in all General Classified Senate meetings. Senators shall be the communication link between the Classified Senate and their representational area. (Classified Senate By-Laws)