Classified Senate Approval of the event must be on file before the event in order to qualify for funding. Funding is not automatic, and will be reviewed by the Staff Development Funding Committee. The outcome of your request will be sent to you via email once a decision is made.
Looking for ideas for Professional Development? Here's a suggested list. List is updated periodically, so be sure to check back. Have any you want added to the list? Send an e-mail to Jackie Zimbalist to get it added!
- District and college policy does not allow individual professional organizational memberships.
- AB 1887 - Out of State Travel Restrictions
- District Board Policy and Administrative Regulations regarding Employee Tavel and Payment of Expenses.
Request for Staff Development funds
- Request approval for release time from your manager.
**Please note that prior approval for release time is required and approval of professional development funds does not guarantee release time.**
- Complete and submit the online Classified Staff Development Funding Request Form
**Please explain in detail how attendance at the conference will benefit you, students and the college.**
- Once your request is reviewed by the PD funding committee, you will be notified via email of approval or denial. Full and Part time classified employees can request up to $2000.00 total maximum amount per academic year (July 1- June 30).
**Due to the volume of requests, and their office workloads, your PD funding committee needs at least three to four weeks for funds request review and consideration. Plan accordingly!**
- If approved, submit a spend authorization request in Workday with all your travel, food, hotel and event fees.
**Please make sure you attach your original approval memo from the Staff Development Funding Committee with all spend authorization and/or expense report requests.**
- After you have attended the event, submit your expense report in Workday. You are also required to complete the Classified Development Evaluation Form after you return.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Classified Senate Treasurer, or the Classified Senate President.