Dear Classified Staff,
It’s been an exciting start to the fall semester with some really great events and changes happening on campus.
Here are the Classified Senate highlights for September 2016:
- The New Sciences Building is finally open! Please join the college on September 29 from 4-7pm for the Open House Celebration!
- President’s Classified Staff Luncheon - I’m ecstatic how many classified were able to attend (and stay) and I’ve received such positive feedback on how much you enjoyed the Luncheon. If you didn’t receive your free Classified Senate shirt, please see Yvonne Belardes in BGS 314 to receive yours!
- Professional Development Funding Allowance Increase - Your Senators voted this month to increase the amount of professional development funding for Classified Staff. Full time employees can request up to $2,000 and part time employees can request up to $1,000 for professional development opportunities each academic year. See Our Website for more information.
- New Monthly Classified Staff Recognition: CSTAR - The Classified Senate Team Awesome Recognition (CSTAR) program is intended to show appreciation and recognition of outstanding Classified Staff members for exceptional contributions each month and service to our campus or our students. Any Staff, faculty, or manager may submit a nomination on Our Website. All monthly recipients will be entered into a monthly drawing for a chance to win a small prize.
- Veterans Thanksgiving Baskets – You’ve probably noticed the collection boxes for the 2016 Classified Senate Veterans Baskets in your areas. We invite anyone and everyone to participate and donate. Please See Our Website for more information on how you can help our Veterans or donate.
- We still need Senators from your area! – Many offices or areas do not have a Senate representative present at Classified Senate meetings. Each work area is allowed 1 representative (Senator) for each 10 employees. Our meeting schedule is posted on Our Website.
President, Saddleback College Classified Senate