CTE Transitions Credit Petition Form Hard Copy
CTE Transitions Credit Petition Form Fillable Form
Saddleback College maintains faculty-approved formal course and CTE Program articulation agreements with the following high school districts: Capistrano Unified School District, College and Career Advantage (formally known as South Coast ROP/Capo-Laguna ROP), Coastline Regional Occupational Program, Laguna Beach Unified School District, Saddleback Valley Unified School District, JSerra Catholic High School, and New Vista Tech Academy.
*Nineteen disciplines have been articulated: Accounting, Advanced Manufacturing, Architecture, Automotive Technology, Business Management, Cinema, TV, and Radio, Computer Information Management, Computer Maintenance Technology, Culinary Arts, Foods and Nutrition, Drafting Technology, Early Childhood Education, Fashion Design, Horticulture, Human Services, Journalism, Kinesiology, Music, Photography, Entertainment &Theater Arts. *NOTE: Only certain disciplines and/or courses are approved by each high school district/ROP.
These agreements permit students to earn advanced placement and/or credit from Saddleback College for selected high school or Regional Occupational Program (ROP) coursework completed with a grade of “B” or better. The advanced placement allows students to waive an introductory college course.
(This form does not apply for high school students who participated and completed their articulated class in CATEMA.)
Refer to the following procedures for receiving Saddleback College credit:
- Apply for admission to Saddleback College.
- Make an appointment with a Saddleback College counselor by calling the Counseling Services Office appointment desk at: (949) 582-4572. Remember to bring your OFFICIAL high school transcript to this appointment. The counselor will verify whether the high school or ROP course has been evaluated by faculty for course credit, and will assist you in completing the “High School Articulation Credit Petition”. The counselor will refer you to the “CTE Transitions Coordinator” if necessary.
- Once documents have been reviewed and either the counselor or the “CTE Transitions Coordinator” (if applicable) approves the petition for course credit, both the “High School Articulation Credit Petition” form and an OFFICIAL High School Transcript will be forwarded to the Office of Admission & Records for processing.
- The Office of Admission & Records (A&R) will then post the approved course credit to the college transcript. NOTE: Per A&R, the “High School Articulation Credit Petitions” are processed in the semester for which they are approved, at the end of the semester. An OFFICIAL high school transcript must be submitted to A&R for college records.
- Please contact the Counseling Services Office or the “CTE Transitions Coordinator” at Saddleback College for further information regarding the “High School Articulation Early Credit Process Non-CATEMA” to confirm your articulated class. Not all CTE classes are articulated.
NOTE: A high school transcript must be submitted with this form with Admission and Records. Only this form is needed if the high school transcript is on file with Admission and Records.