Transitions Credit Petition

Saddleback College maintains faculty-approved formal course and program “CTE Transitions” articulation agreements with the following high school districts: Capistrano Unified School District, Capistrano-Laguna Beach Regional Occupational Program, Coastline Regional Occupational Program, Laguna Beach Unified School District, and Saddleback Valley Unified School District. 

*Seventeen disciplines have been articulated: Accounting, Architecture, Automotive Technology, Business Management, Cinema, TV, and Radio, Computer information Management, Computer Maintenance Technology, Culinary Arts, Food and Nutrition, Drafting Technology, Early Childhood Education, Fashion Design, Horticulture, Kinesiology, Photography, Rapid Digital Manufacturing, Theater Arts Entertainment and Theater Technology.  *NOTE:  Only certain disciplines are approved by each high school district/ROP.

These agreements permit students to earn a Saddleback College “CTE Transitions” Articulation Certificate and receive advanced placement and/or college credit for selected high school or Regional Occupational Program (ROP) coursework completed with a grade of “B” or better.  Advanced placement allows students to waive an introductory college course.


Refer to the following procedures for receiving Saddleback College credit:

  1. Keep the CTE Transitions “Certificate of Course Completion” that has been given to you by your high school instructor.
  2. Apply for admission to Saddleback College.
  3. Make an appointment with a Saddleback College counselor by calling the Counseling Services Office appointment desk at: (949) 582-4572. 
    Bring your high school:
    • Your OFFICIAL high school transcript
  4. The counselor will verify whether the high school or ROP course has been evaluated by faculty for course credit, and will assist you in completing the CTE Transitions Credit Petition form. The counselor will refer you to the “CTE Transitions Coordinator” if necessary.
  5. Once both documents have been reviewed and either the counselor or the “CTE Transitions Coordinator” (if applicable) approves the petition for course credit, both the “CTE Transitions Credit Petition form” and an OFFICIAL High School Transcript  will be forwarded to the Office of Admission & Records for processing.
  6. The Office of Admission & Records (A&R) will then post the approved course credit to the college transcript.

Note: Per A&R, the “CTE Transitions Credit Petitions” are processed in the semester for which they are approved, at the end of the semester. An OFFICIAL high school transcript must be submitted to A&R for college record.

NOTE: A high School transcript must be submitted with this form with Admission and Records. Only this form is needed if the high school transcript is on file with Admission and Records.