Program Initiation Process MUST be completed for all new Non Credit Certificates
Non Credit Certificates must consist of courses that fall within the ten approved areas:
ESL, Basic Skills, Short-term vocational, Workforce Preparation, Immigrant education,
Courses for adults w/substantial disabilities, Parenting, Programs for older adults,
Family and consumer sciences, and Health and safety.
For NEW Non Credit Certificates
Once the program initiation has been approved, complete and submit the following:
- Program Master for NEW Non Credit Certificates (or substantial changes to existing)
- Template for NEW Non Credit Narrative Items
- Additional Documentation for CTE Programs Only (submit as 2 separate documents)
- Labor Market Documentation (LMI-D Report)
- Labor Market Analysis (PCAH pg. 86-89)
Helpful people for completing NEW Non Credit Certificate proposals:
- Your Curriculum Chair!
- Labor Market Information and Analysis: Israel Dominguez
Use the Program Master as a checklist -Make sure every box is checked.
- Save all documents for the proposal as separate, clearly named files.
- Attach all documents in one email with a clear subject line (a zip folder can be used).
- Submit an electronic version of each proposal to your Curriculum Chair (see list on right).
Do not combine all components into one document because they have to be filed in different places.
If you have questions or need help with any part of the process, please reach out to your Curriculum Chair.