Resources For Faculty
- CWE Procedures at a Glance
- CWE Staff Contact Info
- Sample CWE 180 Course Syllabus (coming soon)
- End of the Semester Instructor Check List
- Instructor Payroll Timesheet
- SOCCCD Statement of Worker's Compensation while in CWE
- CWE: Creating Student Success Pathways to Training & Employment - 2014 Student Success Summit
Benefits of CWE for the College
Cooperative Work Experience strengthens the relationship between the college and the business community. The interaction of student-instructor-employer provides valuable, current input concerning labor market conditions and the implications for curriculum. Student success and a skilled work force benefit the college and the community at large.
Responsibilities of the College:
The college provides organization, coordination, program supervision and maintenance of student records. A college instructor will visit and counsel with the student and employer during the semester and, together with the supervisor, determine the student's grade.
Responsibilities of Supervising Faculty:
- Assist the student in writing three clearly defined learning objectives and complete related paperwork during the first class session.
- Visit each student's job-site twice during the semester (the first visit may be a phone call) to discuss and finalize the learning objectives with the employer and to evaluate the performance and objectives at the semester's end.
- Meet with the student near the end of the semester to evaluate his/her objectives.
- Notify employers if a CWE student drops the class at any time during the semester.
# OF CWE UNIT
( *Available CWE course hours vary by department and are dependent on how the CWE course was created.)
|1 UNIT||2 UNITS||3 UNITS||4 UNITS|
Note: Only students enrolled in a CTE certificate program are eligible for CWE at Saddleback College. If a student is currently working in the field of their major, those work hours can also be used to fulfill the program requirements.
Have More Questions?
Contact Saddleback's CWE Program Faculty Coordinator, Scott Fredrickson at either email@example.com or (949) 582-4293.