Resources For Faculty
- CWE Procedures at a Glance
- CWE Staff Contact Info: Mira Manchik, firstname.lastname@example.org
(Sr. Admin Assistant - EWD & Bus Sci Division)
- Sample CWE 180 Course Syllabus (coming soon)
- End of the Semester Instructor Check List
- Instructor Payroll Timesheet
- SOCCCD Statement of Worker's Compensation while in CWE
- CWE: Creating Student Success Pathways to Training & Employment - 2014 Student Success Summit
Benefits of CWE for the College
Cooperative Work Experience strengthens the relationship between the college and the business community. The interaction of student-instructor-employer provides valuable, current input concerning labor market conditions and the implications for curriculum. Student success and a skilled work force benefit the college and the community at large.
Responsibilities of the College:
The college provides organization, coordination, program supervision and maintenance of student records. A college instructor will visit and counsel with the student and employer during the semester and, together with the supervisor, determine the student's grade.
Responsibilities of Supervising Faculty:
- Assist the student in writing three clearly defined learning objectives and complete related paperwork during the first class session.
- Visit each student's job-site twice during the semester (the first visit may be a phone call) to discuss and finalize the learning objectives with the employer and to evaluate the performance and objectives at the semester's end.
- Meet with the student near the end of the semester to evaluate his/her objectives.
- Notify employers if a CWE student drops the class at any time during the semester.
# OF CWE UNIT
(*Available CWE course hours vary by program/department
|1 UNIT||2 UNITS||3 UNITS||4 UNITS|
| UNPAID CWE
| PAID CWE
Note: Only students enrolled in a CTE certificate program are eligible for CWE at Saddleback College. If a student is currently working in the field of their major, those work hours can also be used to fulfill the program requirements.