Proud Accrediation Commendation
Recipients - 2012
News You Can Use
Tech Teaching Tools
Universal Design Caption
The Faculty Center
Location: BGS 249 [map]
Mon - Thurs 7am to 7pm
Fri 7am to 5pm
Closed Holidays and Weekends
Training & Assistance:
Distance Education Committee
Awards & Opportunities
Software & Computer Discounts
Student Technical Help
Division of Online Education
& Learning Resources
Top 10 Reasons Why Students Can't Log Into Blackboard
10. Firewall settings too high.
9. Are you sure they registered in the course officially?
8. Do you see them in your roster in Blackboard?
7. Is the course turned on? If not, you must go to MYSITE to make it available to students. Current Schedule > Manage > make course available (remember this isn't instant and can take up to 2 hrs).
6. Are you using Blackboard - hee hee, just wanted to see if you're paying attention.
5. Also, believe it or not, every semester we have a few students who try their personal email user name (such as yahoo or hotmail or gmail) to try to access BB . . . I know. But it happens at least twice a semester :o)
4. This seems to be the new trend - students either use their full email address - not just their email user name - as their login name. It's a good practice to clarify their user names in an orientation.
3. Sometimes students change their passwords and can't remember. Or they just don't know what it is to start with, have your students go to http://www.saddleback.edu/de/student-techinical-support/.
2. Married / divorced students that change their names often cause issues because they're trying to use their "other" name to log into the system not realizing that's the reason they can't get in. Rule of thumb, if they're female, ask if they've recently changed their name just to be sure.
1. Students that add the class late or are new to BB sometimes take 24 to 48 hours to populate into the systems.