Don Mineo is a long time resident South Orange County and is a graduate from Dana Hills High School. Don graduated Saddleback College with a AA in Journalism and Liberal Arts, then transferred to UCSC to major in Community Studies. After returning to Southern California, Don finished a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology at Cal. State Fullerton and worked part-time in the Matriculation Department at Saddleback College. In 2002, Don graduated with Masters degree in Career Counseling at Chapman University, Orange, California. Don enjoys traveling, technology, the beach and working to make the environment (including work environments) a better place for future generations. Don serves on many different college, district and state committees. Don has specialties in career, leadership, technology and how it effects student learning and (student and employee) retention.
Check out these fun videos and websites that might you offer some career directions (or make you laugh):
- Create Wandering Maps: Katherine Brooks Ed.D., Make Mindmap in Powerpoint in 60 seconds
- Informational Interview by Stanford, Do's and Don'ts of Informational Interviewing by Syracuse Law, Informational Interviews by CSUN
- Great Ideas, not 100% accurate, at College Uncomplicated
- Success in the New Economy (and schools) - Vimeo Link and 4 skills and 4 steps to successful career
- Original Did you know with updated data, Did you Know 2019?, Did you know in 2028? Digital Transformation, ready for automation?
- 9 highest paying jobs without a college degree.
- What is the Department of Labor
- DOL Projections 2016-2026
- More from DOL
- Start the Conversation DOL
Email me comments and/or questions at DMineo@saddleback dot edu - Students enrolled in my class, when I am assigned a teaching assignment, will receive an email address for weekends and holidays that I will check.
The department of Career Guidance is under the Career and Re-Entry Center in the division of Counseling Services. Our center is often referred to as the Career Center, but a career center usually offers jobs services or job placement. Job assistance was reassigned to another division by a re-organization in 2010. If you are interested in Job Services please check out www.saddleback.edu/jobs .