Don Mineo is a long time resident South Orange County, and is a graduate from Dana Hills High School. Don graduated Saddleback College with a AA in Journalism and Liberal Arts, then transferred to UCSC to major in Community Studies. After returning to Southern California, Don finished a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology at Cal. State Fullerton and worked part-time in the Matriculation Department at Saddleback College.
In 2002, Don graduated with Masters degree in Career Counseling at Chapman University, Orange, California. Don enjoys traveling, technology, the beach and working to make the environment (including work environments) a better place for future generations. Don has served on many different college, district and state committees. Don has specialties in career, leadership, technology and how it effects student learning and (student and employee) retention.
Check out these fun videos and websites that might you offer some career directions (or make you laugh):
Visual Creations of Career/Life Mapping (see below):
- Create Wandering Maps: Katherine Brooks Ed.D., and Download your free copy of Picture Your Career. On YouTube. Making a Mindmap in Powerpoint in 60 seconds. CSU Humboldt Wandering Map,
- Designing your life, Ted Talk on Designing your life - Bill Burnett, design thinking and life design lab at Stanford,
- Success in the New Economy (and schools)
- Informational Interview by Stanford, Do's and Don'ts of Informational Interviewing by Syracuse Law, Informational Interviews by CSUN
- Original Did you know with updated data, Did you Know 2019?, Did you know in 2028? Digital Transformation, ready for automation?
- Jobs that might be automated in the future. Other Resources: WillRobotsTakeMyJob.com, www.ReplayedByRobot.info
- InfoGraphic for Countries ranked by hours worked a week.
- 9 highest paying jobs without a college degree. (this is one example, there are many more)
Other Useful Videos and Stuff:
- 12 areas of Life (with permission from author)
- Emotional Guidance Scale (with permission from author)
Email me comments and/or questions at DMineo@saddleback dot edu during regular business hours or use the district email form method.
The department of Career Guidance is under the Career and Re-Entry Center in the division of Counseling Services. Job assistance was reassigned to another division by a re-organization in 2010. If you are interested in Job Services and resources, please check out www.saddleback.edu/jobs .
- Personality Type Questionnaire
- MBTI and the Workplace
- YouTube: Interpreting Strong and MBTI from the MBTI company
- YouTube: Interpreting your Strong Interest Inventory
- Matching Game
The Lavender Affinity Group for LGBTQIA+ district's employees (send me an email to be listed as a supporter, dmineo @ saddleback. edu)