The Computer Information Management (CIM) Department in the Business Science Division conducts programs designed to offer training in hardware and software applications used in a variety of environments and enterprises. The programs encompass a broad area of study, including computer operating systems, software applications, and networking and internet technologies.
Courses are designed to prepare students at various levels of competence, from the novice to the expert, for immediate employment in computer-related careers, to update computer skills, or transfer to universities.
The courses combine classroom lecture/demonstration and individual hands-on training in a laboratory setting.
The CIM Department re-numbered its courses.
The new categories listed in the class schedule are:
- CIM - Computer Information Management- Applications and beginning courses
- CIMN - Networking & Operating Systems (CIMN 100, CIMN 100A and CIMN 100B Computer Operating Systems-Windows (Windows 8) is located under the CIM category as it is a beginning class.
- CIMP - Programming
- CIMS - Security classes are located under CIMN
- CIMW - Web Design, Development & Database. (CIMW 105 SQL/Database is located under CIM.)
Faculty members work closely with local businesses and industries to ensure relevant and state-of-the-art training in the following programs:
- Administrative Assistant
- Applications Developer
- E-Commerce Specialist
- Information Security
- Network Administrator
- Office and Computer Skills Training
- Software Specialist
- Web and Mobile Bootcamp
- Web Designer
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT CENTER (IMC) - Computer Lab
LOCATION: BGS 234
LAB HOURS: Summer 2019
The lab is closed for the summer session. Computers are available in the Library (LRC) for student use.
BGS 226, Office 217
BGS 226, Office 211
For Part Time Faculty, go to the Faculty Directory