Students must meet all of these criteria to be eligible:
- Is determined to be a California Resident for Saddleback College admissions purposes.
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 academic units at Saddleback College. Be 18 years of age or a high school graduate.
- Has less than 45 units of degree-applicable coursework of combined colleges/universities in the US and/or foreign country.
- Be eligible for the California College Promise Grant. Per the criteria below: (see step 3 below)
California College Promise Grant Program
CCPG Part B
2020-2021 Income Standards*
Family Size Base Year Income 1 $18,735 2 $25,365 3 $31,995 4 $38,625 5 $45,255 6 $51,885 7 $58,515 8 $65,145 Each Additional Family Member $6,630
*These standards are based upon the federal poverty guidelines, as published each year by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Under Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations, the student or student's family must have a total income in the base year (in this case, 2017) that is equal to or less than 150% of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Poverty Guidelines based on family size.
- Have ONE of the following criteria:
- Saddleback College assessment placement in any English, ESL, and/or Math 300 courses.
- Not have graduated from high school or obtained the General Education Diploma (GED).
- High school grade point average below a 2.50 on a 4.00 scale.
- Previous enrollment in remedial education.
- First generation college student
- Parents are non-native English speakers
- Emancipated Foster Youth
- The student is a member of an underrepresented group targeted by district/college student equity goals.
To apply, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Become a Saddleback College student. Apply Now
Step 4: Enroll in at least 12 units.
Step 5: Complete the EOPS Application.
*If you did not graduate from high school or if your high school GPA was below a 2.50 on a 4.00 scale, official high school transcripts may be required.
* If you have attended a postsecondary school in the U.S. or a foreign country, you must submit official transcripts to the office of Admission. EOPS eligibility will be determined on review of external official transcripts.