Students must meet all of these criteria to be eligible:
- Is determined to be a California Resident for Saddleback College admissions purposes.
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 academic units at Saddleback College. Be 18 years of age or a high school graduate.
- Has less than 45 units of degree-applicable coursework of combined colleges/universities in the US and/or foreign country.
- Be eligible for the California College Promise Grant. (see step 3 below)
- Have ONE of the following criteria:
- Saddleback College assessment placement in any English, ESL, and/or Math 300 courses.
- Not have graduated from high school or obtained the General Education Diploma (GED).
- High school grade point average below a 2.50 on a 4.00 scale.
- Previous enrollment in remedial education.
- First generation college student
- Parents are non-native English speakers
- Emancipated Foster Youth
To apply, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Become a Saddleback College student. Apply Now
Step 4: Enroll in at least 12 units.
Step 5: Complete EOPS Eligibility Form.
*If you did not graduate from high school or if your high school GPA was below a 2.50 on a 4.00 scale, official high school transcripts may be required.
* If you have attended a postsecondary school in the U.S. or a foreign country, you must submit official transcripts to the office of Admission. EOPS eligibility will be determined on review of external official transcripts.