Frequently Asked Questions About the S-STEM Scholars Program
  1. Should I fill out the online application before or after I submit the required materials?

    You can fill out the application before or after turning in the required materials. Just make sure it's all turned in and completed by the deadline of Friday,April 18, 2014, at 4:00 pm.  You can deliver any materials yourself to the SME division office during anytime of the application period.

  2. Can I still apply if I am an IVC student of record?

    Yes, a student with an IVC student ID# can still apply. However, as stated on the homepage, you must be enrolled full time in one of the specified degree programs at the associate or baccalaureate level at Saddleback College in the semester(s) the scholarship is awarded (Fall 2014 and/or Spring 2015).

  3. Where should my instructor(s) send their recommendation forms?

    There are several ways to turn in a recommendation form. Your instructor can drop it off at the Saddleback MSE Division Office, SM 334, for either Katlin Choi, Frank Gonzalez, or Jim Zoval. An instructor could also mail the form to:

    Saddleback College
    MSE Division, SM 334 
    S-STEM Scholars Program 
    28000 Marguerite Parkway
    Mission Viejo, CA 92692

    Finally, a completed form can be scanned and emailed to

  4. Are unofficial transcripts sufficient?

    During the application period, unofficial transcripts are sufficient. However, all students selected as S-STEM Scholars must submit official transcripts prior to being awarded any amount.