Saddleback Web Site: http://www.saddleback.edu
Blackboard Access (Saddleback’s Online
(Access to Blackboard has changed since Spring 2012. Please visit http://saddleback.edu/de/studenttechnical-support if you need any assistance.)
Note: Every student is assigned a college e-mail account and pin number (password). Do not change your email
address. If you prefer to receive e-mail at another address, go to http://www.saddleback.edu and then toMySite,
select “E-mail” and follow the instructions under “Account Information” to automatically forward your
messages to the address of your choice.
Access to McGraw-Hill’s CONNECT Plus (online content through publisher).
Note: Anything assigned through CONNECT Plus MUST be submitted through CONNECT only and will not
be accepted in any other form. You must register as a student with the access code provided to you in
the text package (see TEXT above). You may access the application through the URL noted in your class syllabus.
To create a student account, follow these directions:
1 . Click on the link provided by your instructor or provided in Blackboard for access to your specific
2. If this is your first time using CONNECT, click on REGISTER NOW. Provide the information
requested for Student Registration.
3. To register, provide your e-mail and password for CONNECT (see Step 2 if you are new). Enter the
20 digit code in the boxes on the Student Registration page, and click the Submit button (note: the
code is case sensitive; please enter the codes in upper case letters). If you need to purchase an
access code, click on Buy Online.
4. If you are not sure if you are going to stay in the course or you do not want to start your registration
period, you can click on Start Free Trial to get a three (3) week free trial of the class material. Use
of your Registration Code starts your registration period of 18 months.
5. Fill out the registration form that appears and click the “OK” button.
6. Click the “YES” button to confirm your account (note: this account is unique to this class and you
cannot use an account established for a different class that used CONNECT).
CONNECT PLUS Tips:
• You can only do one thing at a time. You cannot view past results while you are in the process of
taking an assignment. You cannot take two graded assignments at the same time.
• Each assignment has several options to assist you succeed:
o Link to eBook (book icon) – provides you a direct link to the eBook version of our textbook
o Print (printer icon) – allows you to print out the question
o Ask instructor (link) – you can send a question to your instructor specifically related to this
o Contact MH Publishing (link) – you can send a question/comment to the publisher to report a
question or problem with the question.
o Check my work (link) – provides you with a quick check of your answers in the question to tell
you what is right and wrong.
o View Hint #1 (link) – watch a video of how to solve a similar problem to the one you are
• Use the "Prev", "Next", question pull down menu, “Save & Exit” and “Submit Assignment”
buttons periodically to save and avoid timing out. If there is no activity within 60 minutes,
CONNECT will automatically log out your session.
• Click "Save & Exit" if you wish to work on your assignment at a later time without grading.
Remember, you can only work on one open, un-graded assignment at one time.
• Don't copy and paste, this might enter illegal characters in your homework and prevent you from
getting a grade.
• Technical support is provided via e-mail and the Contact Us form located under the Support
section of the CONNECT entry screen.
Student Learning and Technical Support
• Tutoring at Saddleback College or http://www.saddleback.edu/oe/studentresources/Tutoring.html
Note: This is different from the Accounting Tutoring Lab. Please refer to
schedule posted on Blackboard for dates/times for the Accounting Tutoring Lab).
• Student Help Resources or http://www.saddleback.edu/oe/student-resources/index.html
• Library Workshops or http://www.saddleback.edu/library/instruction/workshops.html
Support with college email, MySite, and Blackboard to these
• Student Help Directory for Technical Support or http://www.saddleback.edu/oe/studentresources/
• Student Technical Support Web Site or http://www.saddleback.edu/de/student-technicalsupport/
• Computer Labs on Campus for Student Use or http://www.saddleback.edu/oe/studentresources/Labs.html
• For general help and support: please email: firstname.lastname@example.org