For AB540 Dreamer students currently attending Saddleback College or who plan to attend starting Fall 2018, you will need to complete the online California Dream Act Application. If you paid your tuition at the time of registration and after completing the California Dream Act Application you are determined eligible for the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver), you will need to visit the Student Payment Office to request a refund of the fees that are covered by the California College Promise Grant (CCPG).
The 2018-2019 CA Dream Act Application is available starting October 2017. The 2018-2019 CA Dream Act Application will determine your eligibility for the California College Promise Grant - CCPG (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver), Cal Grant, Chafee Grant, the new SSCG beginning the Fall 2018 semester.
The 2019-2020 CA Dream Act Application is available starting October 2018. The 2018-2019 CA Dream Act Application will determine your eligibility for the California College Promise Grant - CCPG (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver), Cal Grant, Chafee Grant, and the new SSCG Grant beginning Fall 2018.
You my view informational videos regarding the California Dream Act by clicking on the link below:
California Dream Act Videos
The CA Dream Act application process may be confusing to students, so please make sure you understand the important information below:
- Saddleback students who meet AB540 Dreamer requirements will use the 2018/2019 CA Dream Act Application to apply for state aid for the 2018-2019 award year. (Fall 2018, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019)
- Saddleback students who meet AB540 Dreamer requirements will use the 2019/2020 CA Dream Act Application to apply for state aid for the 2019-2020 award year. (Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020)
What are the AB540 requirements?
- The student must have attended a high school (public or private) in California for three or more years
- The student must have graduated from a California high school or attained the equivalent prior to the start of the term (for example: passed the GED or California High School Proficiency exam)
- A student who is without lawful immigration status must file an AB540 Affidavit (California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Request form) with the college or university stating that he or she has filed an application to legalize his or her immigration status, or will file an application as soon as he or she is eligible to do so.
Complete and submit the affidavit and any other required documentation to the Admissions and Records Office.
Saddleback College Office of Admissions and Records
Visit the Admissions and Records California Residency Information page for more information.
CA Dream Act Applications:
California Dream Act Application for the 2018-2019 academic year: Apply Now at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/
California College Promise Grant Application for Fall 2019 - Spring 2020: Apply October 1st, 2018 - March 2nd, 2019 at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/.
CA Dream Act Informational Resources:
Dreamer Funding Application - 18/19
California Dream Act Flyer
How to get Financial Aid with the CA Dream Act
More information on the California Dream Act can be access by visiting https://dream.csac.ca.gov and http://www.icanaffordcollege.com .