For AB540 Dreamer students currently attending Saddleback College or who plan to attend starting Fall 2020, you will need to complete the online California Dream Act Application. If you paid your tuition at the time of registration and after completing the California Dream Act Application you are determined eligible for the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver), you will need to visit the Student Payment Office to request a refund of the fees that are covered by the California College Promise Grant (CCPG).
The 2020-2021 CA Dream Act Application is available starting October 2019. The 2020-2021 CA Dream Act Application will determine your eligibility for the California College Promise Grant - CCPG (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver), Cal Grant, Chafee Grant, and the new SSCG Grant beginning Fall 2020.
The 2021-2022 CA Dream Act Application is available starting October 2020. The 2021-2022 CA Dream Act Application will determine your eligibility for the California College Promise Grant - CCPG (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver), Cal Grant, Chafee Grant, and the new SSCG Grant beginning Fall 2021.
The CA Dream Act application process may be confusing to students, so please make sure you understand the important information below:
- Saddleback students who meet AB540 Dreamer requirements will use the 2020/2021 CA Dream Act Application to apply for state aid for the 2020-2021 award year. (Summer 20, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021)
- Saddleback students who meet AB540 Dreamer requirements will use the 2021/2022 CA Dream Act Application to apply for state aid for the 2021-2022 award year. (Summer 21, Fall 2021, and Spring 2022)
What are the AB540 requirements?
- The student must have attended a high school (public or private) in California for three or more years
- The student must have graduated from a California high school or attained the equivalent prior to the start of the term (for example: passed the GED or California High School Proficiency exam)
- A student who is without lawful immigration status must file an AB540 Affidavit (California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Request form) with the college or university stating that he or she has filed an application to legalize his or her immigration status, or will file an application as soon as he or she is eligible to do so.
Complete and submit the affidavit and any other required documentation to the Admissions and Records Office.
Saddleback College Office of Admissions and Records
Visit the Admissions and Records California Residency Information page for more information.
CA Dream Act Applications:
California Dream Act Application for the 2020-2021 academic year: Apply Now at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/
California College Promise Grant Application for Summer 20, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021: Apply October 1st, 2019 at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/.
CA Dream Act Informational Resources:
Dreamer Relief Funds - Priority Deadline 12/4/20
Immigrants Rising - Additional support to help undocumented individuals and allies
More information on the California Dream Act can be access by visiting https://dream.csac.ca.gov and http://www.icanaffordcollege.com .