Federal Pell Grants

Pell Grants provide financial assistance to eligible part-time and full-time students based on need. You must be an undergraduate student who does not have a bachelor's degree or professional degree. The maximum award is  $6495 for the 2021/22 award year. Applicants must be US citizens or eligible noncitizen's and complete the FAFSA and other required supplemental documents. Students may apply for a Federal Pell Grant any time after October 1st of each year, for the subsequent fall semester.

Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU): Students receiving the Federal Pell Grant are limited to six years (12 semesters) or full-time equivalent (600%) of aid. Once a student has received 600% of the Federal Pell Grant, they will no longer be eligible for additional Pell Grant at any college/university in the country, regardless of completion of their selected program of study or Bachelor’s Degree.


Thumbnail of What is a Pell Grant?

Thumbnail of Can I receive a Pell Grant if I go to school year-round?