To apply for Financial Aid, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov
View the following tutorial 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA for step by step assistance in filling out your FAFSA.
Here are a few key things to remember when applying for Financial Aid:
- To complete a FAFSA, you and your custodial parent (if applicable) will need a Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Complete a new FAFSA for each academic year
- Complete the FAFSA before March 2. If you miss this deadline, you will only be considered for Federal Direct Loans and Pell Grant
- Remember to list Saddleback College’s school code (#008918) in the "School Selection" section of the FAFSA
Other Application Requirements
- Cal Grant: The Cal Grant, a grant awarded to California residents, has additional application requirements beyond the FAFSA. Refer to WebGrants for Students for more information
After the FAFSA
- Approximately 1-2 weeks after you complete the FAFSA, you will receive an e-mail informing you to check your processing status on the FAFSA website. If you did not provide an e-mail address, the FAFSA processor will mail you a Student Aid Report (SAR). Carefully review your status and follow the instructions if you need to make any corrections. Our office will receive your information as long as Saddleback College, school code #008918, is listed in the "School Selection" section
- All students will be sent a E-Mail informing them to check the status of their Financial Aid application in My Financial Aid.