For AB540 Dreamer students currently attending Saddleback College or who plan to attend starting Fall 2017, you will need to complete the online California Dream Act Application. If you paid your tuition at the time of registration and after completing the California Dream Act Application you are determined eligible for the BOG Fee Waiver, you will need to visit the Student Payment Office to request a refund of the fees that are covered by the BOG Fee Waiver.
The 2017-2018 CA Dream Act Application is available starting October 2016. The 2017-2018 CA Dream Act Application will determine your eligibility for the BOG Fee Waiver, Cal Grant, Chafee Grant, FTSSG Grant and the new CCCG Grant beginning Fall 2017.
The 2018-2019 CA Dream Act Application is available starting October 2017. The 2018-2019 CA Dream Act Application will determine your eligibility for the BOG Fee Waiver, Cal Grant, Chafee Grant, FTSSG and the new CCCG beginning the Fall 2018 semester.
You my view informational videos regarding the California Dream Act by clicking on the link below:
California Dream Act Videos
The CA Dream Act application process may be confusing to students, so please make sure you understand the important information below:
- Saddleback students who meet AB540 Dreamer requirements will use the 2017/2018 CA Dream Act Application to apply for state aid for the 2017-2018 award year. (Fall 2017, Spring 2018 and Summer 2018)
- Saddleback students who meet AB540 Dreamer requirements will use the 2018/2019 CA Dream Act Application to apply for state aid for the 2018-2019 award year. (Fall 2018, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019)
What are the AB540 requirements?
- The student must have attended a high school (public or private) in California for three or more years
- The student must have graduated from a California high school or attained the equivalent prior to the start of the term (for example: passed the GED or California High School Proficiency exam)
- A student who is without lawful immigration status must file an AB540 Affidavit (California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Request form) with the college or university stating that he or she has filed an application to legalize his or her immigration status, or will file an application as soon as he or she is eligible to do so.
Complete and submit the affidavit and any other required documentation to the Admissions and Records Office.
Saddleback College Office of Admissions and Records
Visit the Admissions and Records California Residency Information page for more information.
CA Dream Act Applications:
California Dream Act Application for the 2017-2018 academic year: Apply October 1st- March 2nd, at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/
BOG Fee Waiver for Fall 2017 - Spring 2018: Now Available - Submit this On-line application.
CA Dream Act Informational Resources:
California Dream Act Flyer
How to get Financial Aid with the CA Dream Act
More information on the California Dream Act can be access by visiting https://dream.csac.ca.gov and http://www.icanaffordcollege.com .