Welcome to the Faculty Center (BGS 249)
The Center provides online course design assistance, instructional technology training and ongoing course support. Our team promotes excellence in teaching and student engagement in face-to-face, blended, flipped or fully online classes. Meet with one of the three staff members one-on-on via phone, online webinar, or in group sessions. Just let us know how we can help you!
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE NOW AVAILABLE!
attend a workshop = earn a badge
Do you need help with Canvas?
Contact us or check out our tutorial toolbox!
Tune up your course!
Now that you have converted your course(s) to Canvas, it is time to do some fine-tuning by applying best practice standards outlined in the OEI Rubric. Spend an hour or two with one of the Faculty Center team to analyze and discover strategies that will save you time while improving the quality of online design and delivery methodologies.
Is your course Accessible?
Let us help you calibrate your online course materials using the new OEI Course Rubric accessibility checklist. We can answer questions and show you how to make adjustments to comply with CCC and federal accessibility standards. Check out more information about accessibility tools and/or make an appointment with one of us today!
Individual training and workshop topics include:
- Use of Canvas in both online and face-to-face classes
- Instructional design support for online, hybrid and face-to-face classes
- Ways to incorporate instructional technology in your classes, including the latest technologies
- Best teaching and learning practices specific to all learning modalities
- Class assessment practices and skills
- Strategies to address basic skills needs of students in your classes
- Other topics related to teaching and learning
Workspace and Lounge: The Center offers both a workspace and lounge area for any full-time and part-time faculty members who wish to stop by to work and simply relax.