Welcome to the Faculty Center!
The Faculty Center is available to assist faculty with their online instructional technology needs, course design, accessibility best practices, and other helpful instructional technology resources unique to Saddleback College. We also provide workshops throughout the semester. Whether you are new to Saddleback or have been with us for awhile, keep this site as a handy resource to get help you when you need it.
Make an appointment with one of us for focused one-to-one assistance with your online class design and implementation needs. We would be happy to help.
You can email us with quick questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need a quick start? Check out these helpful videos!
- Self-paced Getting started with Canvas and Zoom workshop: Go at your own pace and complete a workshop on your own to learn the basics.
Get started with Canvas quick videos
If you have already taught online, hybrid or have previously completed the Online Educator Certificate and/or are just interested in learning more on your own without any compensation, you are always welcome to check out the brief self-help short videos available below or use these Additional Canvas and Zoom tutorials
Preparation tips for future emergencies:
- Keep a few generic - can be plugged in anywhere - assignments handy.
- Use the above tools throughout your semesters so you and your students are familiar enough with them to continue their learning should the need arise to use them exclusively.
- Create a little 'drill' once a semester. Make it an assignment. Tell your students they've experienced some disaster and they need to log in to Canvas to complete their assignment or communicate with you in some way.
- Play around with one or two tools that you think would come in handy. Become adept. You don't need to learn every tool there ever was in Canvas to continue holding class if there were an emergency.
- CVC-OEI Emergency Preparedness Resources
- Use this Suggested Task List for a Quick Move to Online Education to help you know where to start.