The Faculty Center is part of the Division of Online Education & Learning Resources.
A few video creation program to help interested faculty in producing video to support your teaching and your students' learning. Work with us to determine which tool works best for you.
The Faculty Center is equipped with two professional sound booths. Each one has two computers (MAC/PC) with studio quality microphone.
- Films on Demand is a web-based digital video subscription with thousands of videos available for in-class use and remote viewing. Save your video library lists and embed them into your Blackboard courses. Please contact
- 3Cmediasolutions.org Use this great free tool provided by CCC system. If you are a CCC user, just log in using the same credentials or contact The Faculty Center for Student Success staff if you have questions.
- MonoSnap - free screen capture video and create quick screencasts.
- Techsmith Camtasia Studio. The Faculty Center has Camtasia Studio 7 for faculty use. Whether you want a quick voice narrating for your PowerPoint presentation or full production video of your lecture with closed caption, Camtasia Studio is installed on all machines and ready for you to use.
- You can utilize all the YouTube options at your fingertips. You can even use a feature called Video Everywhere in Blackboard, record, publish and share with your students in an instance.
- Once you have your video produced and if you choose to have it podcast. Saddleback web server has a space for you to publish your video for podcast. Please contact The Faculty Center for Student Success staff for more information.
- Pixlr is free web-based photo editing tool. You can upload your image, make edit and grab it from the web.
- Jing is a free tool for screen capture and short video creation. Super easy and super effective.
- Snagit is a part of TechSmith suite of video creation tools. It's a tool to screen snag and built simple video. All computer in The Faculty Center are equipped with this software.
- Screencast-O-Matic is a free screen capture for both MAC and PC. It is a one click, short clip video creation that you can utilize at your own pace.
- Audacity is a free, open source, cross-platform software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for download. You can import/export using many different file types. Editing is just easy as cut, copy and paste.
- VoiceThread is now integrated into Canvas. Log into Canvas to set up your account.