Saddleback College Faculty have free zoom accounts. They can be used through Canvas or directly. Check out these helpful videos to get you started with using Zoom.
Helpful Zoom resources for Instructional use:
How to use Zoom in Canvas:
- Using Zoomwith Canvas
- How do I add Zoom to a Canvas course?
- How do I schedule a Zoom video meeting?
- How do I invite others to join a meeting?
- How do I start a meeting?
- How do I record a meeting?
- How do I know if students have joined the meeting?
- How do I mute and unmute all participants?
- How do I turn my camera on and off and use the Zoom controls?
- How do I share my screen?
- How do I manage and share the recording?
- Zoom Storage
- Is there a limit for storage?
- Where can I access my recordings?
- Will I have access to my recordings forever?
If you would like to meet with one of us directly to discuss your specific needs, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep your cloud storage in check!
Zoom is not a permanent location for instructional videos. Be sure to download and save any cloud recordings.
Where should I put instructional videos I want to use within my course content?
Saddleback College has many ways you can post your videos within the course. Be sure you are creating short clips, no longer than 15 min. If it's a large video, split it up into separate clips named with topics. It's easier for you and students to refer back to.