A Faculty Learning Community (FLC) is a small group of interdisciplinary faculty engaged in a collaborative dialogue about teaching and learning. FLCs generally meet once every month over the course of a year to work on implementing innovative practices inside and outside of the classroom.
The FLCs for 2013-2014 are:
- Assignments Beyond the Text and Classroom (Facilitator: Bob Cosgrove – Thursday afternoons)
- Efficient and Effective Grading (Facilitator: Kathy Damm – Thursdays 10:30am)
- Flipping the Classroom/The Assignment Menu (Facilitator: Christina Hinkle – Fridays 9am)
- Globalizing the Classroom (Faciltator: Thomas O’Leary – Mondays 2pm)
- Honors Pedagogy (Facilitator: Alannah Rosenberg – Tuesday evenings)
- The Art of Storytelling (Facilitator: Claire Cesareo – Wednesdays 4:30pm)