Other Campus Resources

Academic Senate

The Saddleback College Academic Senate is a representative body, with each instructional area receiving a senator for every ten full-time faculty members or portion thereof, to a maximum of four.

Campus Parking

Parking is always challenging during the first 2 or 3 weeks of the semester.  Be sure to get your parking permit in advance by logging into MySite and plan where best to park for your classes.

Campus Safety

The Saddleback College Campus Police is a service-oriented police agency.  The officers have the same authority as a Municipal Police Officer or County Deputy Sheriff.  Campus Police Officers are responsible for patrolling campus grounds, taking crime and incident reports, conducting investigations, enforcing all applicable laws, traffic regulations, and providing a safe environment for our students, faculty, staff and guests.

Crimes, suspicious activities, and any emergency should be reported to the Campus Police Department.  Campus Police can be contacted at any time by calling (949) 582-4585 or at extension 4585 from any campus phone.  For emergencies, dial 9949) 582-4444 or at extension 4444 from a campus phone.  For campus emergencies use extension 4444 instead of 911.

*To unlock your classroom, contact (949) 582-4585 for officer assistance.

Student Health Center

The primary goals of the Student Health Center are:

  1. To provide health care designed to help students avoid interruption fo their education process so they can achieve their academic success and career goals.
  2. To provide an educational health care environment in which the student can learn to participate in their healthcare and make healthy lifestyle choices.
  3. To appreciate and respect each student's unique physical, emotional, spiritual and cultural needs.

Students in need of medical or mental health assistance can simply stop by the Student Health Center (SSC 117) or call at (949) 582-4606 for an appointment with one of the physicians, registered nurses, or psychological counseling interns.  Only students who are currently enrolled and attending on-campus classes are eligible for services, including access to prescriptions.

Counseling Services

Professional counseling faculty are available to all current and prospective students to provide guidance, assistance and support. The Counseling Services Division has full-time and part-time generalist counselors who, in addition to teaching Applied Psychology classes, provide personal, academic, and career counseling services to Saddleback College students.

Student Challenges

Be sure to understand your rights as a faculty members specific to disruptive students, student discipline, and grade grievances.  Clearly outline your code of conduct in your official course syllabus.  Explore the college resources available to students in need of support.  Work with your Division to understand its emergency procedures and protocol for dealing with difficult students.


Office of Vice President of Student Services

Saddleback College has a zero tolerance for cheating and plagiarism.  Make sure that you establish and clearly outline your academic dishonesty policy in your course syllabus.  Whenever a student is caught in an act of academic dishonestly and receives some formal consequence, complete and submit an Academic Integrity Report.

Understand the District standards for Student Conduct - AR 5401.  If a student violates any of these standards, immediately report this student here:  https://www.saddleback.edu/vpss.  All the latest forms and documents to the Student Discipline an Student Concern reporting will be there.  Report all behaviors (informal and formal) to protect yourself.  Acts that seem somewhat insignificant may become serious over time.

Grade Grievance Process

Students have the rights to challenge their final course grade.  Review and understand the Grade Grievance Policy/Board Policy 5505.

The goal is to resolve any grade dispute on the information level between the faculty member and the student.  however, if such resolution fails to occur, students can go to the formal level by completing and submitting the following: Statement of Grade Grievance.