Flex Hour Reporting Form - Professional development activities occurring July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023 count toward fulfilling your 2022-2023 Professional Development Target of 37.8 hours reported by June 15.
- Full-time Faculty, report 37.8 Hours of Professional Development Flex Hours per Academic Year.
- Report Flex Week Activities - Campus-Wide Events (other than Flex Week activities) - Working with our wonderful Instructional Technologist Team at the Faculty Center for Student Success - Watching a Video or Online Presentation - Be a Flex Week Presenter and others.
- Consult the PD Primer for eligible activities.
Spring 2023 Professional Development Week
Tuesday-Friday, January 10-13
- Tuesday, 1/10 - Presidents' Welcome & Division Meetings and Department meetings.
- Thursday 1/12 - New this semester is Neurodiversity Day, an entire day dedicated to defining neurodiversity, challenges and successes, discussing effective classroom strategies, and a viewing of the film Autism Goes to College.
- Presentations will be scheduled between 9:00 am and 3:30 pm, using block scheduling.
In Spring PD Week we encourage sessions that look at our return to campus in a positive way, moving forward from social issues that have happened over the past two years and yet acknowledging that past and see how we can move forward. Join us for sessions about best practices for helping students (and faculty!) cope with stress, optimal teaching strategies, supporting people working toward building social justice awareness, developing skills to serve minoritized students and more.
Go to the Saddleback SharePoint Flex site for Spring 2023 PD Week information and Fall 2022 PD Week recorded sessions.
If you encounter issues accessing the reporting form, please try using a different browser. Visit the Saddleback SharePoint Flex site if you would like to update your Faculty Identifying Code. Contact the Academic Senate Office at 4969 if you have any questions regarding your hours.
The South Orange County Community College District does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of disability in its services, programs or activities. If you have a request for reasonable accommodations under Title 1 of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Fair Employment and Housing Act, please contact Cindy Barron at least 72 hours in advance at 949-582-4984 or email@example.com.
Professional Development Flex Professional Development Program Information:
- PD Primer (link) provides clarification and examples of activities that count toward Full-time Faculty requirement