Professional Development Information:
Please read the directions at the beginning of the form carefully, and don't forget to click "Submit" on the last page.
- 2018 Fall Professional Development Program
- 2018 Fall Week-at-a-Glance
- "Cheat Sheet" to print, and record your flex hours prior to reporting
Flex Hours Reported: Google Sheet 2018-2019
*New* Fall 2018 Flex Week Videotaped Presentations
Rick is a survivor of his younger brother Ed’s suicide, which occurred in 2003. He was a volunteer for the Survivors After Suicide program at Didi Hirsch for 3 years, serving on the Advisory Board, co-facilitating groups, writing for the newsletter and a member of the Suicide Response Team. Rick has provided suicide prevention training and information to over 20,000 people in the past ten years.
Presented by Rick Mogil, Program Director, Suicide Bereavement Services, Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services
Join us at this Geek Report session to get the latest information on district-wide technology projects. We want you to be informed and we want to hear your ideas about how District IT can help you help our students. Then we're going to turn to the serious topic of technology and mental health. We'll provide practical tips to help you use technology in a way that lowers your stress and enhances your life. This will be a very interactive session so feel free to offer your own ideas and we'll learn from each other. Please join us!
Presented by Jim Gaston, SOCCCD Director, IT and Robert Bramucci, Ph.D., SOCCCD Vice-Chancellor, Technology and Learning Services
Individual Activity Google Forms:
Links to new, easy reporting Google forms. Not for Flex Week reporting!
- Campus-Wide Events Reporting Link for 2018-19 Click here.
- Division & Department Meeting Reporting Link for 2018-19 Click here.
- Faculty Center for Student Success Reporting Link for 2018-19 Click here.
- Video or Online Presentation Reporting Link for 2018-19 Click here.
Individual Activity Form:
You may still use the form for reporting participation in an individual activity. Use this form if you attend, participate in or present an activity such as a speech, demonstration, skills lab, seminar, lecture, conference, course (not to be used for salary advancement), or similar activity. The subject of the activity must relate to staff, student, or instructional improvement.
After attending the activity, report your attendance on the Individual Activity Report Form. The start of the new Flex year is July 1, so these hours will count toward fulfilling your 2018-19 Flex Target.
To submit via email: Open and complete the form. Please type your name where it asks for signature. It is suggested that you add your last name to the file name when you save the document e.g., IndyFormValdez.docx. Lastly, email the form to your Division Rep who will sign and forward to Deanna Valdez with a cc to you. It's not required to send by email, but saves paper and time! Thank you!
Useful Professional Development Week Information:
- SC Professional Development Program Handbook
- Professional Development FAQ
- Division Flex Representatives
Professional Development Week Forms for Faculty and Division Admins.
If you would like to present an activity such as a speech, workshop, demonstration, lecture, meeting, seminar, etc. during fall or spring Professional Development Week please fill out a Presenter form (below). Presenters receive 3 flex credits for each hour of the presentation. No additional credit for preparation time is allowed.
Forms for Presentations to be given during Professional Development Week:
- Professional Development Week Presenters: We use a Google Form for submitting your presentation information. The deadline for submitting for Fall '18 has passed.
- Professional Development Week Division/Department Meeting Form (deadline for Fall '18 was in March). Customized links to a Google Form are sent to division deans and admins.