Flex Hours Reported: 2019-2020 - Note: Only includes Fall Flex hours reported as of 1 pm, 8/22/19
Goal: 38 Hours of Professional Development per Academic Year in any combination of 7 ways: - Flex Week Activities - Campus-Wide Events (other than Flex Week activities) - Division and Department Meetings - Working with our amazing Instructional Technologist Team at the Faculty Center for Student Success - Watching a Video or Online Presentation - Submitting for other workshop / conference via Indy Form to your department Flex Rep - Be a Flex Week Presenter
Faculty Center Online Professional Development - Fall Flex Week 2019
Available from August 12-16, 2019
- Introduction to Teaching with Canvas (Self-Paced Online Session) 4 one-hour sessions
- Discover Online Proctoring with Proctorio - Zero Cost to Students
(Links to Flex, Indy Google, and Indy Other Forms below)
Professional Development Reporting Forms
Flex Week Reporting Forms
Spring 2020 Professional Development Week Reporting Form - link pending
Please read the directions at the beginning of the form carefully, and don't forget to click "Submit" on the last page.
Individual Activity Google Forms
Use the respective links below to report other professional development activity hours which count toward the Flexible Calendar Program, but occur outside of our Flex Week(s)
Links to easy reporting Google forms:
- Campus-Wide Events Reporting Link for 2019-20 Click here.
- Division & Department Meeting Reporting Link for 2019-20 Click here.
- Faculty Center for Student Success Reporting Link for 2019-20 Click here.
- Video or Online Presentation Reporting Link for 2019-20 Click here.
Individual Activity Form:
You may still use the form for reporting participation in an individual activity. Use this form if you attend, participate in or present an activity such as a speech, demonstration, skills lab, seminar, lecture, conference, course (not to be used for salary advancement), or similar activity. The subject of the activity must relate to staff, student, or instructional improvement.
After attending the activity, report your attendance on the Individual Activity Report Form (a Word Doc). The start of the new Flex year is July 1, so these hours will count toward fulfilling your 2019-20 Flex Target.
To submit via email: Open and complete the form, and type your name where it asks for signature. It is suggested that you add your last name to the file name when you save the document e.g., IndyFormWalsh.docx. Lastly, email the form to your Division Rep who will sign and forward it to Dan Walsh with a cc to you and the Academic Senate administrative assistant, Christie Smead. It's not required to be sent by email, but this saves paper and time - Thank you!
Website Accessibility Guidelines for Content Editors
Useful Professional Development Week Information:
- SC Professional Development Program Handbook
- Professional Development FAQ
- Division Flex Representatives
Professional Development Week Forms for Faculty and Division Admins.
If you would like to present an activity such as a speech, workshop, demonstration, lecture, meeting, seminar, etc. during fall or spring Professional Development Week please fill out a Presenter form (below). Presenters receive 3 flex credits for each hour of the presentation. No additional credit for preparation time is allowed.
Forms for Presentations to be given during Professional Development Week:
- Professional Development Week Presenters: We use a Google Form for submitting your presentation information. The deadline for submitting for Fall '19 is 25 March.
- Professional Development Week Division/Department Meeting Form are sent to division deans and admins.