Welcome and thanks for choosing to recruit Saddleback Bobcats! We're very excited to offer our employer partners a new, and hopefully improved, experience to connect with student job-seekers through the Handshake platform. Many of you may already be using Handshake, for those that are looking for some guidance, you're in the right spot!
If you have any additional questions or are experiencing challenges with Handshake, please feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to assist you.
Eric Hilden, Career Placement
Employer Registration on Handshake
- If you already have a Handshake Employer account, you can log directly into Handshake and add Foothill College to the selection of schools which you want to publicize your job openings.
- VERIFY: Handshake will send you a verification email to the email you provided. Verify your account by clicking “Confirm Email” upon receiving it.
- CONNECT WITH YOUR COMPANY: After confirming your email, if your company already exists, Handshake should prompt you to connect with your organization. You can also use the search bar to find your company, or click the “Create New Company” button. Then click “Next: Finish”
- CONFIRMATION: Your connection will be reviewed by Eric Hilden, Career Placement Officer at Saddleback College. Once reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that you are now connected with Saddleback College.
Having trouble? Visit the Handshake Help Center which contains step-by-step instructions along with screenshots.
Posting a Job on Handshake
Now that you are connected with Saddleback College on Handshake, you can post your job!
- POST A JOB: Log in to Handshake and click “Post a Job” on your home dashboard. You will be asked to provide information in regards to the Job Basics, Job Details, and Job Preferences.
- SCHOOL SELECTION: Use the search bar to find "Saddleback College" and then confirm the apply start date and expiration date.
- SAVE: Choose “Save” on the bottom navigation to create and review your job.
- CONFIRMATION: Your job posting will be reviewed by Eric Hilden, Career Placement Officer. Once reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that the position will be posted and available to Saddleback College students and alumni.
Requesting a Hiring/Recruiting Event on Handshake
We support your hiring/recruiting events at Saddleback College. Through your Handshake account, employers can request an event at Saddleback College. We will review your request and reach out for any additional details.
EMPLOYERS/VISITORS TO CAMPUS INFORMATION:
The following information is fluid and will be updated as new information is added. Any employer visiting Saddleback College must:
1. Adhere to our 'Return To Work Guidelines' here with the exceptions: Visitors do not need to register for Trace.
2. Social distancing is required.
3. Masks are not required by employees or visitors when outside of campus buildings, though they are encouraged if you are in close contact.
4. Everyone (students, employees, and visitors) inside a campus building or learning space or in spaces where students or external customers are served must wear masks.
5. Students, employees, and visitors will self-screen before coming to campus each day.
6. If a visitor later tests positive, they should notify the county so the county can do a contact trace.
TYPES OF EVENTS: Here are details on the different types of events employers can request through Handshake:
- Employer On-Site: Use this option for what we call 'On-Campus Recruitment (OCR)' - Canopy/Table/Chairs located outside in our Quad between the SSC and BGS buildings. Must be requested 2 weeks in advance. Parking Permit will be emailed prior to the event.
- Group Appointment: We will not be using this event option at Saddleback College.
- Info Session: Info Sessions give employers the chance to introduce their company, culture, career pathways, hiring needs, recruitment tips, +more with students! Typically these will be 1 hour. We will support on-site and virtual Info Sessions. We need at least 2 week advanced notice. For on-site Info Sessions, we will reserve a classroom/presentation room for the event. You will receive details and parking instructions as we get closer to the event.
- Networking: Use this option if you want to host an event for students focused on 'Networking'.
- Speaker/Panel: Use this option if you want to host an event to bring a panel of employees to speak with students.
- Workshop: Use this option if you want to host an workshop on one of these topics: Job Search, Resume Writing, Interviewing, Social Media, Recruiting Tips, or other employment-related topic.
HOW TO REQUEST AN EVENT IN HANDSHAKE:
- When logged into your Recruiter account, find the 'Events' tab on the left menu and click
- Now on the upper right of the screen, find the 'Request Event' link and click
- Now complete the Event request form and submit
PLEASE REVIEW our recruitment policies on registering for Handshake, posting jobs, internships and “unpaid internships”, as well as, our internship posting guidelines.
With a Handshake account, you will be able to sort through Saddleback College student resumes that have been made public and have previously interacted with your company. You can use this tool to reach out to potential candidates for the role(s) you are recruiting for. Below are three resources with step-by-step instructions.
How to Search for Students
How to Download Public Resumes.
How to Send a Job or Event Campaign.
How to Send a Student a Message.