We'd love to meet you, but your health is more important.
Our informational workshop for prospective students,
The Community College and Honors Path to Transfer,
is now live on YouTube. Closed captioning is available.
The complete video is just a bit over an hour. We hope you find it helpful. It has four main sections:
- An overview of the transfer system in California
- Information on how to prepare for transfer
- How and why you might want to bring the Honors Program into your preparation.
- Where to start with the college application, matriculation, and applying to the Honors Program.
The list of information and documents you will need for the application is at https://www/saddleback.edu/uploads/honors/pdf/appdocs.pdf.
Although we accept and process applications year-round,
students who seek priority registration for Fall 2020
must apply and complete matriculation by April 17th.
Note: Our essay prompt was changed during this conversion,
but if you are working from the old hardcopy application,
you may still enter those essays.
Our New Student Orientation is now online and accessible through ConferZoom on Canvas. All our new students will receive an invitation to Canvas along with their acceptance letter.
Orientation dates for April:
|Wednesday||4/08||3:00PM - 5:00|
|Thursday||4/16||5:00PM - 7:00|
|Tuesday||4/21||2:00PM - 4:00|
|Wednesday||4/29||3:00PM - 5:00|
The Saddleback College Honors Program is an interdisciplinary effort to develop exceptional talent, ability, and scholarship in highly motivated students of all backgrounds in all majors.
Honors students include
- Walk-In Students,
who want to take only one or two Honors courses, and
- Certificate-Track Students,
who aspire to earn the Honors Certificate and be eligible for priority registration, Honors counseling, and participation in Honors transfer partnerships.
No application is necessary to take Honors courses. They are open to all students at Saddleback College.
The full set of Honors benefits and privileges (special transfer consideration, priority registration, etc.) requires Certificate-Track status. To earn this, a student should submit an application as early as possible. At the latest, this needs to be before completing two Honors courses. See "How to Apply" for information.
It is important that interested students apply as soon as possible. Applications are accepted throughout the year. Successful transfer may be postponed or even jeopardized if you wait.
- Read "How to Apply" before beginning your application for Certificate-Track status.
- If you are a Walk-In Student seeking to change to Certificate-Track status, you must submit your application before you complete two Honors classes whether or not you believe you are eligible based on GPA or English proficiency. Success in Honors classes and recommendations from Honors faculty are considered favorably in our holistic application review process.
Student Privacy and Parental Rights
When an individual of any age becomes a college student, all rights of parents and guardians under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act transfer completely to that student. Moreover, it is Saddleback College policy that students act on their own behalf.
- Parents or guardians do not have the right to inspect a student's records or access information related to their attendance at Saddleback College.
- Persons other than the student are not permitted to enroll, add/drop classes, request transcripts, or submit forms or records on behalf of the student.
- This office cannot divulge any information concerning a student over the telephone, since we have no way of verifying the caller's identity.
- This office cannot divulge any information concerning a student except to the student directly:
- In person, with appropriate identification
- In communication via the student's saddleback.edu email address.
- To protect the privacy of their own counseling histories, students must make their own Honors Counseling appointments.
For further information, see https://www.saddleback.edu/admissions/information-parents.