The Honor Society for California Community Colleges
Saddleback College students are eligible for Alpha Gamma Sigma if
-- they have completed 12 units and achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.0, or
-- they are new students who are lifetime members of the California Scholarship Federation and have achieved a high school GPA of 3.50.
Invitations are sent by Saddleback College President Dr. Stern at the beginning of each semester. Orientations are scheduled for September 2nd and 3rd; the link to join the meetings is in the letter.
The Spring 2021 deadline for joining Alpha Gamma Sigma has passed. We hope to see you in the Fall!
EOPS students are eligible for reimbursement of their dues. If you are an EOPS student, contact that office about this opportunity. If you are unfamiliar with EOPS, check here to find out whether you are eligible.
Some for-profit companies pose as honor societies, even using the colors and fonts of established societies.
Only Alpha Gamma Sigma and Phi Theta Kappa are approved campus-wide honor societies.
Saddleback College does not share your academic information with outside organizations.
Alpha Gamma Sigma, founded in 1925, is the honor society for California community colleges. Members of its Saddleback College chapter, Sigma Epsilon, participate in educational activities, volunteer service, and celebratory events.
Membership is open to all students, whether or not they participate in honors program classes. Alpha Gamma Sigma membership shows on the Saddleback College transcript of each member who
- fulfills the GPA and unit requirements
- minimum 3.0 in college-level work at beginning and end of semester
- 12 college units completed before joining
- enrolled in at least 5 credit hours for the semester
- participates in at least
- five hours of meetings,
- five hours of educational activities,
- five hours of service, and
- pays dues
- $20/semester to AGS
- $10/semester Associated Student Body fee.
AGS officers organize events and volunteer opportunities throughout the semester so that members do not have to find these activities themselves. This makes Alpha Gamma Sigma participation an easy way to accumulate extra-curricular hours and experience. Accepted Alpha Gamma Sigmans should stay apprised of these activities through meeting attendance and through the Alpha Gamma Sigma Canvas shell, to which all members are invited.
This year, we are operating online through a Canvas shell.
Students who have completed 60 units and been active members for at least one semester may be eligible for Permanent Membership in the society, which is recorded separately on transcripts. Permanent Membership has additional GPA requirements.
Spring 2021 Meeting Schedule:
Member meetings will be held via Canvas ConferZoom every other week in the Fall semester starting in the second week of classes.
- If you are not (yet?) a member and wish to attend a meeting, please send an email with your name and student ID# to the Honors Office.
AGS Leadership, 2020-21
- President: Randolph Morris
- Vice-President of Administration: Elise Ramos
- Vice-Presidents of Community Outreach: Maddie Gabira, Lauren Wandering
- Vice-President of Events: Tracy Mostero
- Treasurer: Christopher Baclawski
- Secretary, Wednesday Meeting: Asha Shiny Veernapu
- Secretary, Thursday Meeting: Bruce Wang
- Historian / Social Media: Kyrie Liebreich
- ICC Representative: Janina Cera
- Advisor: Prof. Rosenberg [email]