Admission to the paramedic program requires a combination of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification and previous emergency response experience. Therefore it is necessary to obtain coursework and experience prior to entering the program.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Current California EMT License.
- Current basic life Support (CPR) card. This card must be an American Heart Association "Healthcare Provider". This card must be valid throughout the duration of the class you are applying.
- One year of full time verified work experience as an EMT on an emergency response vehicle, such as a fire engine or private ambulance. Only signed and dated letters written on department/company letterhead will be considered.
- A resume is not required but may be submitted with the application. Do not attach copies of certificates. If you wish to mention certificates, please include them in your resume.
- Recommendation letters are required, with a maximum of three. Unsigned letters will not be considered.
- Please staple application packet in top left corner. Do not place in a report cover.
- The following academic preparation is strongly recommended:
|HSC 104 - Medical Terminology||3|
|HSC 217 - Cardiac Dysrhythmias||2|
|EMT 219 - Paramedic Preparation||4|
|Future Classes||Application Due Dates||Start Date|
|Class 82||October 2,2019||January 2020|
|Class 83 (part-time)||February 18, 2020||March 30, 2020|
|Class 84||May 18, 2020||August 2020|
*Start dates are subject to change
Complete and submit application to:
Attention: Alicia Kirk
EMS Education- HS 235
28000 Marguerite Pkwy.
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Note: EMT-courses are available through Saddleback College through its Health Science and Human Services Division.