Admission to the paramedic program requires a combination of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification and previous emergency response experience. Therefore it is necessary to obtain coursework and experience prior to entering the program.
High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Current California EMT License.
- Current basic life Support (CPR) card. This card must be an American Heart Association "Healthcare Provider". This card must be valid throughout the duration of the class you are applying.
- One year of full time verified work experience as an EMT on an emergency response vehicle, such as a fire engine or private ambulance. Only signed and dated letters written on department/company letterhead will be considered.
- A resume is not required but may be submitted with the application. Do not attach copies of certificates. If you wish to mention certificates, please include them in your resume.
- Recommendation letters are required, with a maximum of three. Unsigned letters will not be considered.
The following academic preparation is strongly recommended:
|HSC 104 - Medical Terminology||3|
|HSC 217 - Cardiac Dysrhythmias||2|
|EMT 219 - Paramedic Preparation||4|
Application Due Dates/Class Start Dates:
|Future Classes||Application Closing Date||Start Date|
|Class 85||September 30th, 2021||January 2022|
Paramedic Class 85 Application and Submission Instructions
Paramedic Class 85 Interviews will be held via zoom 10/12/21 and 10/14/21. All applicants will be notified of status. Candidates selected to move on to the interview process will receive instructions to schedule a date along with the zoom link.
*Start dates are subject to change
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, any of the information listed above is subject to change. Program availability is also subject to change due to clinical and field internship sites impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.
Note: EMT-courses are available through Saddleback College through its Health Science and Human Services Division.