The Saddleback College Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program was established in 1971 and has an outstanding reputation in the health care community. It is a two-year (four-semester) program. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (formerly NLNAC) and Board of Registering Nursing (BRN) accredited Registered Nursing Program. Graduates of the program are eligible to take the CA State Board licensure exam for Registered Nurses. The NCLEX pass rates for our graduates is consistently above the state and national average. View NCLEX Pass Rates. Graduates of the program have successfully been employed in a variety of nursing positions and many transfer into upper degree nursing programs. See Saddleback College Nursing Program Outcomes.
Saddleback College has not determined if the registered nursing program at Saddleback College meets the state education requirements in any other state, any U.S. Territory, or the District of Columbia. For more resources, please visit the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
The Saddleback College Associate Degree Nursing Program requires background/drug tests on all students entering the nursing program. This policy was instituted because the Joint Commissions requires any health care facility that requires employees to have personal criminal background checks must also require the same background check for students and volunteers involved in patient care.
Denial of Licensure-The California Board of Registered Nursing may deny a license regulated by the Business and Professional Code, Section 480, on such grounds as: being convicted of a crime, acts of dishonesty, fraud or deceit. All students selected for enrollment in the nursing program will be assessed for past criminal activity prior to clinical experiences. Should you have any concerns, please contact the Program Director.
- Advanced Placement Student (LVN/Transfer) Packet - Currently not offering except for the 30 unit option upon space availability
- Acceptance Statement Policy Form
- CPR/Facility Change Policy Form-
- Professional Behaviors Policy Form-
- Uniform Requirement-
- Mandatory Health Assessment Packet- Updated
- Fall 2022 RN Program Requirements- Only to be completed by students who were invited into program
- Spring 2023 RN Program Requirements- Only to be completed by students who were invited into program
- BRN FAQ Prior Convictions/Discipline
- Frequently Asked Questions
- GPA of Biology Pre-requisite Computation Table
- Hints on completing Re-entry Petitions
- Medical Release Form
- Military Personnel Challenge/Advanced Placement Policy- Upon space availability
- Nursing Petition to Re-Enter Program
- Online Guide to Nursing Schools in Southern California
- Petition for Course Substitution or Waiver
- RN Program Curriculum
- RN Information Packet
- Scrubs4U-Saddleback Nursing School Group Code- For students who were invited into program
- Student Financial Assistance & Scholarship
- Student Nursing Handbook 2022-2023
- Transfer Student Program Curriculum- Upon space availability