For FREE workshops, training events, and learning support groups download our Schedule of Classes July - December 2017 *
*Note: All classes scheduled at EV Free Fullerton
have been changed to:
OC United Office
418 Commonwealth Avenue
Schedule of Classes January - June 2017
The Foster and Kinship Care Education Program provides quality education and support opportunities to caregivers of children and youth in out-of-home care so that these providers may meet the educational, emotional, behavioral and developmental needs of children and youth.
FKCE Interim Program Director
FKCE Program Assistant
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
*Hours/Days subject to change; office closed Fridays.
FKCE Guiding Values:
The development of the Foster and Kinship Care Education program is guided by the belief that children and youth will achieve their fullest potential when:
- Children/youth feel they belong to families that are strong, safe and nurturing.
- There is consistency in care.
- Caregivers are qualified, caring and knowledgeable.
- Caregivers are retained.
- Caregivers are linked to and collaborate with community support services.
- There is permanency that is in the best interest of the child.
Creating Safe Spaces: Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Sensitivity Training
Class Meets AB1856 Licensing/Resource Family Approval Requirement – See last page for class listings throughout Orange County in the Schedule of Classes.