The Saddleback College Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program was established in 1971 and has an outstanding reputation in the health care community. It is a two-year (four-semester) program. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (formerly NLNAC) and Board of Registering Nursing (BRN) accredited Registered Nursing Program. Graduates of the program are eligible to take the CA State Board licensure exam for Registered Nurses. The NCLEX pass rates for our graduates is consistently above the state and national average. View NCLEX Pass Rates. Graduates of the program have successfully been employed in a variety of nursing positions and many transfer into upper degree nursing programs. See Saddleback College Nursing Program Outcomes.
Saddleback College has not determined if the registered nursing program at Saddleback College meets the state education requirements in any other state, any U.S. Territory, or the District of Columbia. For more resources, please visit the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
The Saddleback College Associate Degree Nursing Program requires background/drug tests on all students entering the nursing program. This policy was instituted because the Joint Commissions requires any health care facility that requires employees to have personal criminal background checks must also require the same background check for students and volunteers involved in patient care.
Denial of Licensure-The California Board of Registered Nursing may deny a license regulated by the Business and Professional Code, Section 480, on such grounds as: being convicted of a crime, acts of dishonesty, fraud or deceit. All students selected for enrollment in the nursing program will be assessed for past criminal activity prior to clinical experiences. Should you have any concerns, please contact the Program Director.
Saddleback Nursing Program Named 2nd in the Nation
The Saddleback College Nursing Program was ranked 2nd in the nursing category of the 2018 Washington Monthly College Rankings. The annual publication rates colleges and universities throughout the nation based on their contribution to the public good in three categories: social mobility, research, and public service. Click here to view the rankings.
- If you are interested in hiring Nursing students, please provide a flyer or link with detailed information to Courtney Rice: firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other job postings, please click here.
- ADN-BSN Transfer Agreements with Saddleback
- Advanced Placement Student (LVN/Transfer) Packet - Impacted
- BRN FAQ Prior Convictions/Discipline
- COPE Health Scholars-Volunteer Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- GPA of Biology Pre-requisite Computation Table
- Hints on completing Re-entry Petitions
- Medical Release Form
- Military Personnel Challenge/Advanced Placement Policy
- Nursing Student Handbook
- Nursing Petition to Re-Enter Program
- Nursing Program Costs
- Petition for Course Substitution or Waiver- Check with a counselor first to see if needed
- RN Program Curriculum - Updated
- Student Financial Assistance & Scholarship
- Transfer Student Program Curriculum- currently not offering
INTERNATIONAL NURSE BRN DEFICIENCY
We are unable to offer individual nursing core courses for International RN's who are deficient in Medical-Surgical, Obstetrics, or Pediatrics. Clinical placements are impacted and our Nursing students have priority.
LVN to RN
The Bridge classes N 162 and N 164 have been postponed since 2017 due to limited clinical space. We highly encourage students interested to apply for the generic RN program. There is no guarantee that we will be running the bridge courses in the near future. However, if you wish to be placed on the waitlist for LVN to RN program you must meet with a counselor first to see if you are eligible. Please contact counseling at (949) 582-4572 to set up an appointment.
- LVN to RN Program Curriculum- Impacted
Students may be eligible for financial aid. If interested in applying, please visit Saddleback College's Student Financial Assistance & Scholarship Office https://www.saddleback.edu/fao
Don't forget to "like" us on Facebook!