Admission to the paramedic program requires a combination of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification and previous emergency response experience. Therefore it is necessary to obtain coursework and experience prior to entering the program.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Current California EMT License.
- Current basic life Support (CPR) card. This card must be an American Heart Association "Healthcare Provider". This card must be valid throughout the duration of the class you are applying.
- One year of full time verified work experience as an EMT on an emergency response vehicle, such as a fire engine or private ambulance. Only signed and dated letters written on department/company letterhead will be considered.
- Although not required, applicants are encouraged to include letters of recommendation from employers, coworkers, and/or instructors. A maximum of three letters are accepted.
- A resume is not required but may be submitted with the application. Do not attach copies of certificates. If you wish to mention certificates, please include them in your resume.
- Unsigned letters will not be considered.
- Please staple application packet in top left corner. Do not place in a report cover.
- The following academic preparation is strongly recommended:
|HSC 201 - Medical Terminology||3|
|HSC 217 - Cardiac Dysrhythmias||2|
|EMT 219 - Paramedic Preparation||4|
|Future Classes||Application Due Dates||Start Date|
|Class 76||Sept. 4, 2015||Early January 2016|
|Class 77||April 1, 2016||Late August 2016|
|Class 78||January 16, 2017||Mid April 2017|
Download the Paramedic Application for admission.
Complete and submit application to:
28000 Marguerite Pkwy.
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
*Note EMT-courses are available through Saddleback College through its Health Science and Human Services Division.