Newly Accepted International Students



Receive & sign your Form I-20

The I-20 is required to obtain your visa and enter the US. Currently, the I-20 forms are emailed to the students’ personal email.
If you are a transfer student, contact your previous school to release your SEVIS record to Saddleback College.


Pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee (Initial Students Only)

Pay at print the receipt (Form I-901). Form I-901 is required to obtain your visa.

Apply for an F-1 visa

Schedule a visa appointment at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy. Come prepared and check your new F-1 visa for any errors once you receive it.

Purchase Health Insurance

All students are required to purchase health insurance prior to class registration. To purchase your health insurance plan online, click on the following link: and then click on "Enroll." 

Housing & Transportation

Saddleback College does not offer housing or transportation.

Book your Travel to the U.S.

Arrive in the U.S. no more than 30 days before the program stat date on your I-20! Carry your I-20, passport, F-1 visa, & I-901 receipt in your carry-on bags.




Update your U.S. address, phone number & emergency contacts on MySite student account.

Sign-Up & Attend Orientation

All Incoming international students are required to attend orientation. Please sign up for orientation and arrive on time. If you miss orientation, you must sign-up for a make-up session scheduled later in the semester.

Take the Assessment Tests

The Math and English Assessment exams are required to determine your level of course placement in these subjects.

Register for Classes – 12 units

Choose classes as soon as possible and register on MySite. You must complete at least 12 units each semester and no more than 3 units online. This includes enrollment in the Counseling 1 course (designed for International Students). Prepare to be on-time and attend every class that you’ve enrolled in. You may be DROPPED or LOSE YOUR SEAT for non-attendance! To choose courses, view the Class Schedule.

Meet with an Academic Counselor

An academic counselor will help you plan your academic goals and choose classes. Call or visit the ISO to request a counseling appointment.

Pay registration fees

Online through MySite or in the Student Payment Office located on the 2nd floor of Student Services Center, SSC 208.

24 hours after you register for classes, you may get your Student ID Card printed at the Admissions and Records Office & memorize your ID number. Note: Please bring a Picture ID.

TB (Tuberculosis) Test

Schedule an appointment for a Tuberculosis (TB) test as soon as you arrive in the US by calling the Student Health Center at (949) 582-4606. The test will be given after the semester begins and you must provide the International Student Office with your results within the first 30 days of the start of the semester.