Tax Reporting Requirements

All international students and their dependents present in the U.S. during any part of the previous calendar year are responsible for filing annual tax forms (often called "tax returns" because you may get some money back). Filing tax forms is required for all F visa holders, including dependents.  This is a requirement even if you did not work or earn income in the U.S.

External Tax Resources

Although Saddleback International Office does not advise on individuals' tax matters, we want to help you find the resources you need. Listed below are some additional resources to assist you:

Internal Revenue Service

California Franchise Tax Board


Additional Tax Services for Nonresidents:

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
IRS Telephone Tax Advice
IRS Foreign Student & Scholars
NAFSA Federal Income Tax Brochure


More Information/Forms

Tax Filing for F-1 Visa Students

Tuition Statement Form 1098-T