If you are an international student needing an F-1 visa to attend Saddleback College, please complete all steps of the international admissions process.
Saddleback College offers more than 300 degree and certificate programs. A complete list can be found on our Academic Divisions website. If you are unsure what major to select, please choose “General Studies”.
Please note that international students are restricted from studying Nursing, EMT (Emergency Medical Technology), or MLT (Medical Laboratory Technician) majors.
|Semester||Outside of U.S.A. Applicant||In the U.S.A Transfer Applicant|
|Fall||February 1 - August 1||February 1 - August 10|
|Spring||August 1 - January 1||August 1 - January 10|
|Summer||February 1 - May 1||February 1 - May 15|
Application fees are non-refundable and cannot be waived. Payment options are:
- Submit your payment online by logging in to your student MySite account
- Submit a check or money order payable to "Saddleback College."
- Complete and submit an International Student Application Supplement Form
- If you are under the age of 18, submit a notarized guardianship letter from a guardian in California. Please read the Guardianship for Minor Applicants Procedures document
- If you are currently in the US with a type of visa other than student F-1 visa and wish to change your status to F-1, please read the following document that explains the process: Change of Status Information
- Submit an official bank statement from a checking or savings account showing adequate financial support for at least your first year of study at Saddleback College. All documents must be in English and cannot be older than four months at the time of application. Funds may be either in US dollars or foreign currency.
Please NOTE: We do not accept Investment Account as proof of funding.
- Submit a document indicated Sponsorship by an Embassy, Cultural Mission, Government, or Private Company: include a letter or affidavit on the organization's official letter head verifying your sponsorship.
Provide academic records equivalent to graduation from an American high school.
Transcripts or academic records in languages others than English must be translated and attested by a certified translation or credential evaluation service. If you have a foreign university transcript and wish to have it evaluated, you may contact one of the institutions on the following link: Foreign Credentials/Transcript Evaluators List
International students are required to meet the English proficiency by one of the three possible options.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TESTS ACCEPTED
COMPLETION OF LANGUAGE SCHOOLProof of completion of an acceptable ESL level from one of the following intensive English Language Schools:
REVIEW OF HIGH SCHOOL OR UNIVERSITY CURRICULUMThe English test requirement may be waived for applicants who can demonstrate that they have successfully completed the equivalent to Saddleback College ENG 200 at an accredited institution of higher education. Students who have completed 3 years of U.S. high school and have graduated with a diploma are not required to take the above listed exams.
- Copy of your passport biographical page
TRANSFER APPLICANT (Students who are currently studying in the U.S.A. on an F-1 Visa)
Applications are accepted year-round. You may email copies of all application documents to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can submit your application materials in-person or mail it to:
International Student Office
28000 Marguerite Parkway, SSC #107
Mission Viejo, CA. 92692-3635
After submitting the required documents, you will be notified of our decision by e-mail within 10 business days.