Professional Development at Saddleback
(Faculty should report professional development (flex) hours on this webpage: PD Week and Flex Reporting.)
Online Educator Certificate:
- OEC Level 1: Online Teaching and Design
- OEC Level 2: 10-10-10: Communication that Matters
- Please contact Marina Aminy, Dean of OELR, regarding registration in these free courses.
- Faculty are also encouraged to browse the courses offered by the Faculty Center.
AVID for Higher Education:
Other Professional Development at Saddleback:
Great Teachers: Faculty can find information about this seminar on the Great Teachers website.
Professional Development Offered by Other Organizations
@One (Online Network of Educators):
- Here is a list of @One's Courses (some self-paced and others facilitated)
- There are also excellent resources on the page for Pocket PD.
There are numerous conferences that might qualify for faculty funding. Please visit the webpage for Professional Development Funding to see if your particular conference might qualify.
Articles and Websites:
- Center for Urban Education (USC): Racial Equity Tools
- Racial Equity Tools website (Center for Assessment and Policy Development)
- 6 Quick Ways to Be More Inclusive in a Virtual Classroom (on CHE by Flower Darby)
- Thoughts on Creating an Inclusive Environment in Online Classes (IHE by Ray Schroeder)
- Delivering High-Quality Instruction Online in Response to COVID-19 (Online Learning Consortium)
Do You Have a Resource or an Opportunity to Share?
Please contact the chairs of ITL in order to add your material to this website.
Do You Have an Idea for a Workshop or a Class?
Please contact the chairs of ITL so that we can discuss what you have in mind. We are always looking for innovative ideas!