Welcome Faculty, Staff and others at Saddleback College.
We're excited to introduce Handshake for Saddleback College. You provide a critical component supporting the educational growth and development of each and every one of our students as they navigate through their career journey.
With your support, Handshake can be more than just another tech tool...it can become a place for career connections, exploring and securing employment, and ultimately an avenue to opportunity for students and alumni in all programs at Saddleback College!
- Encourage all students to log-into Handshake, complete their profile, and start exploring!
- Give Extra Credit for Students that join Handshake, attend an event in Handshake, message employers in Handshake, etc.
- Share Handshake info with students:
- Saddleback Handshake Poster
- Saddleback Handshake Postcard
- What is Handshake?
- 3 Must haves on your Handshake profile
- How to find a job on Handshake
- Handshake video - First 5 Days
Please direct all employers to connect with Saddleback College in Handshake.
Handshake should be the first place students go to for all opportunities. Companies start by creating a Company Account and can request a connection with any campus using Handshake. When accepted, they can post jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities and recruiting events. Most employers can also search and send direct messages to students with skills/talents they're looking for.
SEND THIS INVITATION TO ANY EMPLOYER THAT WANTS TO RECRUIT STUDENTS:
Thanks for your interest in recruiting students at Saddleback College. We invite companies of all sizes to connect with us in Handshake to post jobs, events, and most employers can search and send messages directly to students that have the skills and talents you're looking for.
Start here: https://app.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new
* Step 1 - Create your company account and request connection to any school in Handshake
* Step 2 - Once connected to a school, you can then Post Jobs, Events, and search students (if the company and student has joined the 'community')
Additional details on Handshake here https://www.saddleback.edu/jobs/Employers.
For assistance with Handshake, contact Eric Hilden, Career Placement Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Get your Student Handshake Account
Within Handshake, there are various account types (Career Services, IT, Employer, Student, etc.) If you'd like to discuss any of these account types, please email me.
Most faculty and staff will want a 'Student' account in Handshake so you can see what students see, view jobs and events in the system. If you want this account, follow these steps:
- DO NOT use Single Sign On, find the link 'Sign in with your email' or 'Use your Handshake credentials' and click it. (Example)
- Enter your email and follow the steps to confirm your email and set up your profile.
- When you get to 'Tell us about yourself' section, be sure to include a note in the last question
- Next, follow the steps to connect with/Add Saddleback College and submit your request
- Requests will be reviewed and accepted within 24-48hours. You will receive a notification email from Handshake when your Student Account is activated.
- Always log-in using the alternative to SSO - 'Sign in with your email' or 'Use your Handshake credentials' link below SSO option.
Will you be posting On-Campus Student Jobs in Handshake?
If so, you'll need an Employer account. Any faculty, staff, administrator that wants to Post On-Campus Jobs or Career Events on Saddleback College's Employer Account on Handshake can!
- Sign up as an Employer and use your @saddleback.edu email.
- Verify your Email
- Employer Name: We request that each Division/Department/Program start using their own employer account in Handshake. We recommend the following name structure:
Company Name Example: Saddleback College [division, department, program name]
- When you get to 'Schools' - be sure to add/connect with Saddleback College!
- Your request will be reviewed by me and approved within 24-48hrs (or sooner)
If you have questions, contact me.
Eric Hilden, Career Placement Officer
CLNA Presentation 4/22/22
HSHS Dept Chair Presentation 5/19/22