Welcome Faculty, Staff and others at Saddleback College.
There are several ways faculty/staff and others at the college can help support student employment success through the tools and resources available through the Career Placement office.
Thanks for taking a look. If you have any questions, please reach out.
Help share this outstanding resource with any student preparing for a job interview.
Students sign in/up with their @saddleback.edu email. BIG INTERVIEW FLYER.
Any faculty/staff can create a Virtual Interview Assignment for students in your programs.
Here's some info to get started:
Step 1 - Admin Account: Email me, firstname.lastname@example.org, to request an 'Admin Account' in Big Interview to create a virtual interview assignment. Once your admin account is created, you'll receive this Invitation Email from Big Interview. Follow the link to claim and access your account.
Step 2 - Prepare: Once you've logged into your Admin Account in Big Interview, you're ready to create Virtual Interview Assignments for your students. Check out this Help Article with Video on Creating Assignments in Big Interview.
Step 3 - Create: Creating a new Virtual Assignment is pretty intuitive and includes about 9 steps. To prepare - Check out the Virtual Interview Assignment Set Up Screenshots here.
Step 4 - Your Virtual Interview Assignment is now ready. Share the code with students and this help article for students on Completing Assignments in Big Interview.
CREATE YOUR OWN STUDENT ACCOUNT
Within Handshake, there are various account types (Career Services, IT, Employer, Student, etc.) If you'd like to discuss any of these account types, please email me.
Most faculty and staff will want a 'Student' account in Handshake so you can see what students see, view jobs and events in the system. If you want this account, follow these steps:
- DO NOT use Single Sign On, find the link 'Sign in with your email' or 'Use your Handshake credentials' and click it. (Example)
- Enter your email and follow the steps to confirm your email and set up your profile.
- When you get to 'Tell us about yourself' section, be sure to include a note in the last question
- Next, follow the steps to connect with/Add Saddleback College and submit your request
- Requests will be reviewed and accepted within 24-48hours. You will receive a notification email from Handshake when your Student Account is activated.
- Always log-in using the alternative to SSO - 'Sign in with your email' or 'Use your Handshake credentials' link below SSO option.
STUDENT MARKETING | EXTRA CREDIT | OTHER OPTIONS
- Encourage all students to log-into Handshake, complete their profile, and start exploring!
- Give Extra Credit for Students that join Handshake, attend an event in Handshake, message employers in Handshake, etc.
- Share Handshake info with students:
SHARE THE INVITE WITH EMPLOYERS
Please direct all employers to connect with Saddleback College in Handshake.
Handshake should be the first place students go to for all opportunities.
SEND THIS INVITATION TO ANY EMPLOYER THAT WANTS TO RECRUIT STUDENTS:
Thanks for your interest in recruiting students at Saddleback College. We invite companies of all sizes to connect with us in Handshake to post jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities, and events. Most employers can search and send messages directly to students that have the skills and talents you're looking for.
Start here: https://app.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new
* Step 1 - Create your company account and request connection to any school in Handshake
* Step 2 - Once connected to a school, you can then Post Jobs, Events, and search students (if the company and student has joined the 'community')
Additional details on Handshake here https://www.saddleback.edu/jobs/Employers.
For assistance with Handshake, contact Eric Hilden, Career Placement Officer, email@example.com
DEPARTMENT | PROGRAM JOB POSTINGS IN HANDSHAKE
Any college department or program can post jobs and opportunities to students in Handshake.
Step 1: Create an employer account
Step 2: Connect the employer account with Saddleback College
Step 3: After I approve your employer account, you can post jobs and add Saddleback College in the 'schools' so students can see it.
- Sign up as an Employer and use your @saddleback.edu email.
- Verify your Email
- Company Name: We request that each Division/Department/Program start using their own employer account in Handshake. We recommend the naming convention 'Saddleback College [department/program name]. Example: Saddleback College Student Development Office
- When you get to 'Schools' - be sure to add/connect with Saddleback College!
- Your request will be reviewed by me and approved within 24-48hrs (or sooner)
Share with all students they have a free LinkedIn Learning account to augment the academic coursework in your programs.
Students can start here to sign in with Single Sign-on credentials www.saddleback.edu/jobs/LinkedIn-Learning-Account
If you have questions, contact me.
Eric Hilden, Career Placement Officer
CLNA Presentation 4/22/22
HSHS Dept Chair Presentation 5/19/22