Thanks for visiting, hope you find some useful resources to share with students!
- Student login - https://saddleback-csm.symplicity.com/students
EMAILS STUDENTS RECEIVE FROM GAUCHO JOBS:
- 'New and Trending Jobs' Email: This email is sent every 2 weeks to all Student Accounts in Gaucho Jobs. I've set up an email distribution list - sign up here to start receiving this forwarded email!
'New and Trending Jobs' Email Sample
- Jobs by Major Email blasts (sample): Students will receive this email every 2 weeks with new job postings related to their selected Major at Saddleback. (Not all Majors, click here for a list)
All current Saddleback Students, Faculty and Staff can access a FREE LinkedIn Learning Account under a Strong Workforce Regional grant through 2022.
Want to quickly find LinkedIn Learning courses to recommend to your students?
View the entire LinkedIn Learning Video Database
Data from Career Placement services
Legal issues and student employment
Good stuff to add to your syllabus or website...
- Gaucho Jobs is the official online employment system for Saddleback College students. If students are looking for jobs, start with Gaucho Jobs; https://saddleback-csm.symplicity.com/students.
- Add a link to Gaucho Jobs or Career Placement to your website and/or syllabus -http://www.saddleback.edu/jobs
- Add Gaucho Jobs logo for students!
- Encourage students to download and use the Gaucho Jobs Mobile App 'Symplicity Jobs & Careers'!NEW APP UPDATE: Students can now choose to use this branded logo icon on their mobile device
- Do you have students create a Resume as a class assignment or other project? If so, consider using this 'Resume Rubric' to standardize the resume critique process!
- Often, students want to work on campus. Give students this flyer 'Ways to Work On Campus'. (If you want to be added to this list, please email me with details!)
- Check out the Orange County Resume Survey for Resume and Cover Letter advice from local employers!
- Use this LinkedIn Assignment to encourage students to use the professional networking site proactively!
- Encourage students to email me and make an appointment to discuss any aspect of their employment preparation.
Do you know organizations wanting to hire students:
In addition to any department-level supports, referring employers to the Career Placement Office is an excellent way to centralize our services so students and employers are clear about where to look. Consider sharing this with employers that contact you with opportunities:
The Career Placement Office at Saddleback College offers employers across industries several options to recruit students throughout the year. Employers can view these at https://www.saddleback.edu/jobs/employers.
* Job Postings on Gaucho Jobs - FREE postings
* On-Campus Recruitment (OCR) - FREE campus recruiting visits
* Career Fair - Annual event held in April
By encouraging all employers to post opportunities in Gaucho Jobs, all students have equal opportunity and access to jobs.
Thanks for taking a look! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me:
Career Placement Officer
(949) 582 - 4278