Welcome! The resources below provide students with a starting point to prepare in the areas of job searching, resume writing, interviewing and the impact of social media on employment.
Career Placement Officer
(Download the app 'Careers by Symplicity' to access Gaucho Jobs on your mobile device! Once you install and open the app, select 'Saddleback College' to access Gaucho Jobs.
- What skills do employers want interns to have?
- Job Search Quick Guide(doc): Valuable links!
- Job Search Checklist - R U Ready?
- Indeed.com: Search multiple sites using one tool!
- Myplan.com - Research jobs, majors, careers
- O*Net - Research jobs
--O*Net Interest Quiz
RESUME AND COVER LETTERS
All initial resumes uploaded into Gaucho Jobs will be screened for approval or improvements.
Your Resume is your 1st Interview
The Orange County Resume Survey - Real results from real OC employers completed by Eric Hilden, Career Placement Officer
Resume Action Verbs .pdf
Resume Sample Before and After
Sample Functional Resume
Sample Chronological Resume
Sample Combination Resume
Sample Human Services Resume
Sample Nursing Resume
Sample Nursing Resume #2
SOCIAL NETWORKS AND EMPLOYMENT
Start networking today on LinkedIn. Take control of your 'brand'.
Social Networks and Your Job Search (prezi)
Are employers using social media to recruit? Absolutely - read the results here:
- Check out the 'Common LinkedIn mistakes by College Students (article)