Library Workshops Online -
To self-enroll in the Canvas online workshops:
Enroll in Canvas Workshops
Sign-in to your Canvas account. You will receive a confirmation message and the workshops will now appear on your Canvas dashboard.
Library 2 develops students’ research and information competency skills including using research resources (library catalogs, periodical databases, and internet resources) efficiently and effectively. Students will practice making decisions about focusing their research, finding the best sources and using them appropriately, and citing sources. Students will evaluate information for accuracy, credibility, and bias as a central focus of this course. Students who complete the course will be able to apply these principles to fulfill their research goals in other settings.
Library 2 Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will recognize that information varies in its creation and purpose.
- Students will articulate a topic that is sustainable for academic investigation.
- Students will develop a research strategy that is flexible and adaptable.
- Students will select and evaluate resources for scholarly research.
- Students will be able to ethically use sources of information.
Library 100 is designed to provide the student with an understanding of print and electronic reference sources available in an academic library, as well as research skills that can be used to find information for papers, presentations, and other class assignments.
Library 100 Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will articulate a topic for research that is flexible and adaptable.
- Students will select resources for research based upon authority, credibility and relevance.
- Students will be able to properly format a citation.